OT Star Wars ESB and ROTJ stunt saber question

saberMaN

hey everyone

i was wondering if anyone had dug up any new info on the OT stunt sabers from ESB and ROTJ specifically the stunt blades used. anyone know the source or material of these blades?

Marcus is right, those threads and maybe a couple more explain it all when it comes to material. Carbon rods, graphite rods, etc.

The only thing I'm still baffled over is how they were anchored into flassh guns and tubes. if there was a screw where? and that surely couldn't have been enough of an anchor to fence with - still not much info on that.

well i was looking at a front pic of the vader ROTJ saber you know that pic looking down in the emitter looks like maybe the flash tubes were gutted out then epoxied the blade or the tube that holds the blade in there. cant find the pic but please feel free to post if anyone finds it.

what do you guys think?

Marcus is right, those threads and maybe a couple more explain it all when it comes to material. Carbon rods, graphite rods, etc.

The only thing I'm still baffled over is how they were anchored into flassh guns and tubes. if there was a screw where? and that surely couldn't have been enough of an anchor to fence with - still not much info on that.

Yes! I remember something like that. The space between the tube and stick was filled in...I think there's a shot of the Barbican emitter

Come to think of it maybe the blade stub coming out of the rotj vader saber was part of the blade rigging system? Maybe blades were slipped onto a metal rod and secured TPM and AOTC style. the stub in the vader saber is metal (you can see the rusting on the end where it was cut off ) it would make some sense even on some of the luke ROTJ sabers with the nipple possibly being used in that same manor. even the V2... if you see that photo of mark hamil resting his head on the pommel of one of the bladed sail barge stunts it looks possible. it even looks like theres even some tape on the base of the blade

thoughts??

Come to think of it maybe the blade stub coming out of the rotj vader saber was part of the blade rigging system? Maybe blades were slipped onto a metal rod and secured TPM and AOTC style. the stub in the vader saber is metal (you can see the rusting on the end where it was cut off ) it would make some sense even on some of the luke ROTJ sabers with the nipple possibly being used in that same manor. even the V2... if you see that photo of mark hamil resting his head on the pommel of one of the bladed sail barge stunts it looks possible. it even looks like theres even some tape on the base of the blade

thoughts??

My thoughts are that the rotj Luke blades slid into that nipple. There was probably a screw in the nipple that ran through the stunt blade

Interesting thought on the flash guns though. The ROTJ vader had no threading, so I'm not sure how a rod would slide on and stay mechanically.

You're right though, most likely there was some kind of system in which the prop dept. converted the flash guns, that was useable with all stunt blades (whether or not the blades went in, or over an embedded threaded rod)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back