So I've just completed my newest (and most likely last) Luke ANH lightsaber replica. This is my third one; the first was a Larbel, the second a Parks. This one is a genuine Graflex, something that I've wanted for a long, long time. I did a lot of research and used the most accurate parts available; the only thing I couldn't secure was an Exactra calculator, so I went with Philip Wise's incredible cast of the bubble strip. So long story short: vintage Graflex (from RPF member Serenity) T-tracks grips (from GINO) D-ring and clip (from thegreatgalling) and the aforementioned bubble strip. I'd also like to thank thegreatgalling for his great build thread, he was a true inspiration. Thank you all, guys.
As for the build itself, I went with the "not too perfect" approach, which consist of measuring but not too much, to get the "quick and dirty" finish of the real prop. I sanded the bubble strip so that it'd fit in the clamp, cut and finished the grips with a file and sandpaper, and glued them on by using the space between the grips on the partsofsw template as a rough guide (so that they wouldn't be too evenly spaced) However, even if the rest of the saber is pretty accurate, I cheated with the D-ring. Since I couldn't bring myself to drill into the flash, I glued on the clip after cutting the end off a rivet (glued on too) It looked riveted on, and the Graflex isn't irremediably damaged.
So that's pretty much it. Let me know what you guys think!