OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: My evergrowing blaster family...

I really enjoy looking through this thread over and over. Zam Wessels rifle is just beautiful. Your collection is pure awesomeness! :)

Thanks guys :thumbsup

I really can´t wait to start BUILDING things again, after spending a lot of time molding/ casting the parts for the Hoth Binoculars (which I still have a few kits available of ;)).

Have to set the priorities between:
- Han ANH hero DL44 (once my kit arrives)
- Han ESB "Hoth" DL44
- Full metal/ all real parts PulseRifle
- Upgrading some sabers

Right now my workspace is still a MESS, covered with parts for the binocs kit, resin dust, molding/ casting materials etc. :cry

Markus

Gentlemen

I got bored and while waiting for my replacement Han ANH barrel to arrive, I started another project.

Hmmm....what should I do with those parts!? ;)

21265-dscf6565.jpg

Markus

Gentlemen

I got bored and while waiting for my replacement Han ANH barrel to arrive, I started another project.

Hmmm....what should I do with those parts!? ;)

21265-dscf6565.jpg

Markus
Why, pack them up and ship them to ME, that's what! :lol

Wait you mean I've done one gun you don't have?! YES! :lol My Mer Sonn is still missing the t track and little airplane kit "antennae" on them since when Bobadebt did the kit I have they weren't known. The "grill" pieces I have on the sides might not be 100% correct now either, but it looks good enough.

It was once suggested that the rectangular details on the side of the Mer Sonn are optical illusions, that they really are voids in the paint for details that used to be there. (Solo disc all over again.) Has anyone ever explored that possibility further?

Here's the version from the Bobadebt kit years ago. I staggered the little side details like the areas with paint removed suggested. I'll have to get a bigger pic, this is an old pic. Hopefully someone will eventually find the correct cable too (suspected camera cable).

q3ovo2m.jpg

There are SEVERAL blasters on my list atm ;)

MerrSonn power 5
Han ANH hero
Han ROTJ "weirdo" with reversed H&W scope
Luke/ Han "Bespin" (based on the life firing C96)
Han "Hoth", just redoing it with a more accurate mount and muzzle

As with most of my builds, I´m going with a semi-idealized version of the MerrSonn...should look sweeeet when done :D

Markus :)

Update on the MerrSonn Power 5.

here´s where I am currently at.
I ran into a problem while trying to figure out the correct placement of the imperial disc...it is definately too big in diameter to be positioned correctly. Will check if I can find a slightly smaller turntable pulley in my parts boxes :unsure

The pointy knobs -real vintage parts as well- are a problem too. The larger ones have the correct taper, while the smaller one have the correct O.D. :wacko

Attaching the metal grills will only be provisory until the plastic airplane parts will be available again :)

21387-dscf6567.jpg

Markus

Last edited:

Your blaster collection is the envy of all of us.

As a side note, I was most pee'd off. I was so close to completing my Merr sonn with nearly all original found part greeblies but then found out that my real cone pointy knobs are too big!!! I still don't know exactly what part the small ones on the prop are.

BTW, I think the square details (I have the same BD ones) are push buttons.

Update on the MerrSonn Power 5.

here´s where I am currently at.
I ran into a problem while trying to figure out the correct placement of the imperial disc...it is definately too big in diameter to be positioned correctly. Will check if I can find a slightly smaller turntable pulley in my parts boxes :unsure

The pointy knobs are a problem as well, the larger ons have the correct taper, while the smaller one have the correct O.D. :wacko

Attaching the metal grills will only be provisory until the plastic airplane parts will be available again :)

Markus

Your blaster collection is the envy of all of us.

As a side note, I was most pee'd off. I was so close to completing my Merr sonn with nearly all original found part greeblies but then found out that my real cone pointy knobs are too big!!! I still don't know exactly what part the small ones on the prop are.

BTW, I think the square details (I have the same BD ones) are push buttons.

Thanks man, but I´ll never catch up to your level of detail/ accuracy.
You are THE man, when it comes to that :thumbsup

like I said, the imp-disc and the cone knobs plus washers are real vintage parts on my build. The catamaran part will be a cast until the Airplane parts will become available again.

YEP, micro pushbuttons are correct, but I haven´t found the accurate ones so far. Burns is a manufacturer I have to investigate more intense, also found some similar ones by honeywell.

Got some pics of your MerrSonn?

Markus

BTW...here are the buttons I´ll use on my build until the correct ones are identified.
The stem will be cut off/ filed flat

707724_BB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

Markus

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back