MRCE Stormtrooper Helmet Mod - Finished!

matty matt

Sr Member
Hey guys,
I just finished up modding a Master Replicas Collectors Edition bucket and wanted to post some pics. This was a complete overhaul because of all the stuff that bugged me. I've had it for years but never messed with it until a couple weeks ago (my wife gave it to me as a gift when they first came out). I was going for the stunt look. Enough talk, picture time!!

So here's what I did:

Completely stripped down and sanded the helmet
Filled all seams and gaps
Enlarged the teeth and added a real fourth tooth
Added eye bump
Raised the brow with my dremel
Cut down the ears and added screws
Gave it a complete repaint, including drips and bumps
Hand painted all details except the tubestripes (decals from TrooperBay)
Painted and weathered the mic tips
Darkened the lenses
Added chin straps and a foam petal
Reattached the MR trim

That's pretty much it. I've never done a Stormtrooper bucket before so this was a lot of fun and a good learning experience. Plus, it looks much much better displayed. I have some in progress pics if anyone is interested in seeing how I did things. Thanks for looking!!

You've done a wonderful job. It's almost unrecognisable as an MRCE.
If only they looked like this upon release.

Makes me feel I should dig mine out of storage and do something with it.

The helmet you made is so different that you can barely say it came off of a MR CE. Great job!! :thumbsup

Thanks a lot, guys. Really appreciate the compliments. With a little work these helmets can look a lot better, especially if you've just got one sitting around collecting dust. :D

Very nice, indeed. I still can't get over it being all symmetrical and having way too small teeth (even after opening them up more), but you've made it so much better. Love how you followed the SFS/Dave M chipping pattern as well :)

Thanks guys! Yeah, it's kind of weird still because of the symmetry, but it works for me. At least it's not so sanitized and boring looking now. I've made it my own, if you guys know what I mean. There's actually a lot more surface texture that doesn't show in the photos.

Here it is at home on my Detolf.

Great Job ! , dude, How you did the lenses ? i'm working in a Red hood helmet ( a character of batman :p ) and i don't know how to do that eye part :p , thanks :p !

I can really appreciate your work…I undertook the same task two years ago. For me it was a "well, I've gone this far I might as well tackle it all!" Well done indeed :thumbsup

Great Job ! , dude, How you did the lenses ? i'm working in a Red hood helmet ( a character of batman :p ) and i don't know how to do that eye part :p , thanks :p !

I just darkened the existing lenses with some extra window tint I had. Not sure about Red Hood but you can look into tinted face shields (like a welders mask). That's what a lot of guys use.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Much appreciated!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back