Rozhkov

Hello everyone, here I will show you progress on my first build. At first there was a pepakura model of Boba Fett helmet by Dung0beetle and rangefinder by gnomKOLIN. Links for downloading

rpfDSC094431.JPG

Next there was an armoring stage. I’ve been using an epoxy glue and gauze bandage. Yeah, I know it’s not really conventional but I was too lazy to go at the other end of the city so I went to the closest drugstore (Later I will regret about this decision but it’s my first build so the main thing here is getting an experience, I think)

rpfDSC095231.JPG

Then I applied acrylic putty. I did this because I worked at home (I wish my family had a garage) so it doesn’t stink (as far as I know automotive putty and bondo are not the best decision to work inside) but it has some drawbacks. It’s not so strong as things in brackets.

rpfDSC095491.JPG

Last edited:
Re: Mandalorian helmet first build WIP

Everything went pretty good but I’ve chosen some strange primer (despite it’s an auto primer). It never dried completely and there was some dust on helmet after primering (despite I was cleaning helm before doing it) but I thought it’s all right. Luckily, primer run out soon, so I bought the other one and it was nice but it never rains but it pours. Because I haven’t hardened helmet enough (it was ok but with fiberglass it would be stronger) and acrylic putty isn’t as strong as auto putty, in some spots of the helmet appeared cracks. To get rid of it I had to use auto putty. Probably because of my lack of experience I didn’t put enough hardener and auto putty has become a problem not a solution of previous problem. In some spots I had to unstick it, in some tried to sand (not so successfully). So the result is not as great as it could be.
I hope you don’t take it for complaining, I just want to tell about my mistakes:)
Here are some WIP pics:
rpf20130910_192808.jpgrpf20130915_135913.jpgrpf20130915_140041.jpg

Looking still good!

The easiest way to avoid your problems is to stay in one range of products:
so use polyester or epoxy-fiberglasresin , polyester-based car body filler, automotive primer and automotive spray paint.

Looking still good!

The easiest way to avoid your problems is to stay in one range of products:
so use polyester or epoxy-fiberglasresin , polyester-based car body filler, automotive primer and automotive spray paint.

Thanks for advice, Toxx. I will use these for my next build:)

Not meaning to derail, but I tried searching for Dung0beetle's mandalorian helmet file to no avail. Can you link me to the download?

This is looking great!Should look great after you are all done with it! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

This is looking great!Should look great after you are all done with it! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Thanks, man. Unfortunately, there are not so many changes since the last photos but I'm glad you like it :)

So, here it is:
залив12рпф.jpg
залив2.jpg

I can't say that I'm really satisfied with result but I won't be able to keep working on it (I mean sanding, primering and all that stuff) because it's getting cold outside.
But I'm thinking about molding, as far it's an experience-getting-helmet why not to keep getting it? ;)

i tried these links but only the helmet showed up the rangefinder says nothing found. any chance of emailing me the files?
also is this pepacura files?
sorry about the spelling.

this is going to be my first build of anything as well
i love the look you got here looks amazing and i hope i can get it looking this nice

i tried these links but only the helmet showed up the rangefinder says nothing found. any chance of emailing me the files?
also is this pepacura files?
sorry about the spelling.

this is going to be my first build of anything as well
i love the look you got here looks amazing and i hope i can get it looking this nice
I've refreshed the link. Yeah, that's pepakura. Good luck with it!:)

dude epic thank you
ill be posting my own build thread if you wanna follow my progress
at least once i get the cutting board and knives. do you have any tips for me?

dude epic thank you
ill be posting my own build thread if you wanna follow my progress
at least once i get the cutting board and knives. do you have any tips for me?
Here are some:
When you will glue ears to the main part you should fill the gap which is green in the picture (to do it before or after it's your personal choice)
And you should add a lower line which is marked red
Безименывфвфы&#108.jpg
Use more reference pictures to clear out how the helmet should look during the early stages of work the better you will know it the better the result will be:)

Here are some:
When you will glue ears to the main part you should fill the gap which is green in the picture (to do it before or after it's your personal choice)
And you should add a lower line which is marked red
View attachment 242577
Use more reference pictures to clear out how the helmet should look during the early stages of work the better you will know it the better the result will be:)

cool do you mind if i PM you if i have questions during the build?

This is excellent work, I think you have inspired me to do this as my first Pep build :D:thumbsup

Quick question though did you have to scale this or was it good to go? cheers :D

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back