Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Germany
    May 30, 2011, 2:02 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #26

OK, my craziness got some work done.

I gave the whole thing a good night of slee.... äääh thoughts, and without any fear regarding the clear and present danger, i put it on the lathe again - for the new planned design:

two steps, for a better fit.

Then turning the barrel:

Frontend:

This slides over the receiver:

And the adapter for the flashhider:

A simple piece. (I reused a old delrin flashhider, cause i had no other delrin in the right dia)

The ready parts:

From
    Germany
    May 30, 2011, 3:42 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #27

Put the pieces together (not glued , yet):

looks niiiiiiiiiiice :

From
    Venice CA
    May 30, 2011, 7:00 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #28

Awesome work!

I did get the Bull BArrel and it is a fantastic piece. Thanks!
    From
    UK
    May 30, 2011, 7:03 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #29

Looks nicer than nice! When I eventually do buy a real C96 I'll know where to send it!

Lichtbringer said: View Post
    Put the pieces together (not glued , yet):

looks niiiiiiiiiiice :

From
    Germany
    May 30, 2011, 8:30 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #30

Hirohawa said: View Post
    Awesome work!

I did get the Bull BArrel and it is a fantastic piece. Thanks!
    Thanks.

I´m glad you like it - i would love to see pics of your blaster after you used it to mount the flashhider.
    From
    Germany
    May 30, 2011, 8:35 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #31

kurtyboy said: View Post
    Looks nicer than nice! When I eventually do buy a real C96 I'll know where to send it!
    Thanks for your confidence in my work.
    From
    A bass boat on Endor
    May 31, 2011, 9:35 AM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #32

Bravo! Now let's see the finished product.
    From
    Cologne, Germany
    May 31, 2011, 9:46 AM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #33

kurtyboy said: View Post
    Seriously considering doing this with my real C96!
    The bull barrel issue was always the thing that kept me from starting the conversion

Wonderful Michael!!!

Markus
    From
    Germany
    May 31, 2011, 10:19 AM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #34

Ham Solo said: View Post
    Bravo! Now let's see the finished product.

By your command!

First a jump to the .... ääh, a pic from the left:

And then a pic from the right:

And the chamfered part from the gunslingers view:

The faked muzzle inside the flashhider:

I really need to start searching for a gunshop that will parkerize me the flashhider, and maybe some bluing jobs, too.
    From
    Germany
    May 31, 2011, 10:21 AM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #35

OdiWan72 said: View Post
    Wonderful Michael!!!

Markus

Thanks Markus.
  11. RPF Premium Member OdiWan72's Avatar
    From
    Cologne, Germany
    May 31, 2011, 10:26 AM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #36

Looking at your finished pics again...the chamfering (IF it´s called that way ) is not present enough IMHO. Take a side by side comparsion to the actual prop and you´ll see the angles of the chamfered end is different from yours...you should be able to adjust this easily

Really dig the way you tackled this project!

Markus
    From
    Outside Philadelphia
    May 31, 2011, 10:32 AM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #37

Wow, this build is really fantastic! I cannot wait to see the final finish.
    From
    Germany
    May 31, 2011, 10:48 AM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #38

Looking at your finished pics again...the chamfering (IF it´s called that way ) is not present enough IMHO. Take a side by side comparsion to the actual prop and you´ll see the angles of the chamfered end is different from yours...you should be able to adjust this easily
    To be honest ... it is not that easily as it looks. The slighly different angle is easy to get - after buying other tools. But this bullbarrel has been turned on a lathe, so it is round and centered - the same i did with the upper receiver as you can see on the pics. But the fact that the round underside of the barrel interferes with the lower receiver (it stops him from sliding out of the upper receiver) and that the real one looks "higher" over the receiver (i have no better word for it) makes me thing that the original bullbarrel was not just a centered replacement, but a very special "thing".

I have good pics of the chamfered detail, but they give me no really good idea of the construction as a whole. I can´t believe they made the bore uncentered ..... and so i would kill for having the opportunity to handle a original Bullbarrel-Mauser, just for 5 minutes, only. Seeing it in 3D would probably pull the light-switch in my brain.

Really dig the way you tackled this project!

Markus
    I assume this in not the last barrel version i will have made.
    From
    Germany
    May 31, 2011, 10:50 AM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #39

amish said: View Post
    Wow, this build is really fantastic! I cannot wait to see the final finish.

Thanks.

Hmm, i doubt t will ever call it really "finished".
    From
    The Stark Expo
    May 31, 2011, 12:01 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #40

Beautiful craftsmanship as always Michael! Your skills never cease to amaze me.
    From
    Atlanta, GA
    May 31, 2011, 1:46 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #41

Really nice job on the bull barrel!

Odiwan is right about the chamfer height.

I think the only way to machine the thing properly is to chuck it up off center in a 4 jaw chuck....

This is easily one of the prettiest ANH Hero blasters I've ever seen.
    From
    Germany
    May 31, 2011, 1:57 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #42

HeroWorship said: View Post
    Beautiful craftsmanship as always Michael! Your skills never cease to amaze me.

Thank you, Sir.
    From
    Germany
    May 31, 2011, 2:08 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #43

Dann said: View Post
    Really nice job on the bull barrel!

Odiwan is right about the chamfer height.

I think the only way to machine the thing properly is to chuck it up off center in a 4 jaw chuck.....
    The chamfer-height is not my problem, i can do that easily as soon as the bullbarrel is off-centered - but I don´t know ..... i can chuck it up that way in a 3 jaw chuck, too .... i just can´t imagine a not centered bore, it makes no sense for me.

This is easily one of the prettiest ANH Hero blasters I've ever seen.
    Uuh, äääääh, yeah ...... wow. Thanks for the kind words.
  19. RPF Premium Member KingJawa's Avatar
    From
    New York
    May 31, 2011, 2:16 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #44

Does anybody offer these conversion kits? I have the exact same gun but some of the conversion parts on it aren't that great. Any help is appreciated.

That gun looks amazing for the record!
    From
    Atlanta, GA
    May 31, 2011, 2:18 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #45

Yeah I dunno, it's weird having the bore off center but it definitely is...

From
    Atlanta, GA
    May 31, 2011, 2:19 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #46

Actually, now I'm more confused...

22. RPF Premium Member wuher da brewer's Avatar
    From
    Fort Worth
    May 31, 2011, 2:23 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #47

I love all your work. That chamfered bull barrel is a thing of beauty.
    From
    Virginia
    May 31, 2011, 2:37 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #48

This may or may not still be a secret, but I believe the bottom of the bull barrel is milled flat to be matched up to the flat portion under the Mauser's barrel.

This way would also create the illusion that the Flash Hider is hanging lower than center, when it's actually centered.

Also, great job on your Blaster. it looks great!

-Carson
    From
    Germany
    May 31, 2011, 3:18 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #49

Actually, now I'm more confused...

Ah, you found my "problem" with the thing.
    From
    Germany
    May 31, 2011, 3:22 PM - Re: Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and #50

KingJawa said: View Post
    Does anybody offer these conversion kits? I have the exact same gun but some of the conversion parts on it aren't that great. Any help is appreciated.

That gun looks amazing for the record!

I´ve never seen anything that way, no bullbarrel (maybe due to the problems i have right now), and not even a adapter for the flashhider.

If you see something, it probably was custom-made.

Thanks.