Han Solo ESB + ANH all metal Blasters, step by step

Re: Han Solos DL-44 - metal Blasters

Right and left from the pistons two 3,5mm holes were drilled, matching to the notches milled in them. Then 3,0mm blindrivets were set in.

Phaser001.jpg

With the pistons (still the old ones, the improved version first needs the notches milled in - without a mill that is nothing i can do now).

Phaser002.jpg

Next i erased the symbol on the left side - to be honest that might not be the best idea in every country. Iirr this symbol shows that it is a nonfunctional replica.

Phaser003.jpg

2 holes were drilled with a 2,5mm drill and tapped with a metric 3mm thread

Phaser004.jpg

I took two M3 screws with Allan-head, shaped 2 of the teardrop pieces from alu-sheet.

Phaser005.jpg

Only small details, but i was impressed how much these small greeblies improve the overall look.

Phaser007.jpg

Phaser006.jpg

Next task on this gun will be the square "coil" part from the revell V8 set.

Re: Han Solos DL-44 - metal Blasters

I still have not the new milling machine, so this time i show what has been done to the ANH-Hero. :)

I got a new bigger chuck for my Lathe, this will be pretty handy in the future, i think (the new one compared to the small original chuck):

PA210001.jpg

First it was drilled with 8mm, then 10mm, then 16mm, and as 16 is my biggest drill i then turned the inside out to 21mm. After that i turned 3 various diameter on a piece of 35mm alu, then cutting some ribs with a xs parting blade:

PA210002.jpg

Here you can see what it should be when ready - the resin part is nice, but i want to have it made from metal:

PA210003.jpg

Here are all the grooves done, the last cut will go deeper and cut the ready piece from the part in the chuck:

PA210005.jpg

In this comparision shot you can see that i altered the 3-stepped diameter from the resin-piece. After watching through my files, i noticed that the resin-part looks different to the original and the MR-Elite pics, so i turned the 3. step down to achieve a look thats closer to the original.

PA210006.jpg

Now this part needs some milling, too - cut along the axis, to slide over the mag - and the recess on both side to get the clearance for the discs.

This part was drilled, tapped, and mounted to the scope-bar:

PA210009.jpg

Drilled through, and tapped with a M8 thread:

PA210011.jpg

The lower part of the cradle got a 8,5mm hole drilled (still need to get better sized 4mm bolts :lol ):

PA210010.jpg

And both parts slide together:

PA210012.jpg

PA210013.jpg

Put the bar on the gun:

PA210017.jpg

Screwing on the fasteners:

PA210018.jpg

Started to make a new fastener for the cradle mount:

PA210016.jpg

With inserted scope:

PA210019.jpg

And both guns together. The ESB looks really tiny compared to the ANH-Hero (and the GK will be much more chunky than even the ANH-Hero):

PA210020.jpg

No, this hasn´t come to a stop, i have some new pics to share. :)

A friend noticed that i need to have some alu-parts to be black, and gave me this stuff to try if i can use it:

PB150001.jpg

Great - but on what part to start the testing? I decided to fabricate the discs for one of my next projects, the Greedo-Killer. Some turning, some drilling, some parting later i had 3 discs. The recommended way to use a swab/q-tip had no nice results - and the job would be endless. So i picked the risk and threw them in a plastic-container full with the stuff (be cautious, the stuff is pure poison, alone the smell ......). As soon as they were in the stuff starts to foam and bubble as a fresh opened coke. I gave them a minute in the stuff, then washing them under running water. Some brushing with a old toothbrush, to clean the surface which now looks as black rust, then giving them a treatment with oil, to seal the surface.

Now i have them this way:

Other than with paint each one has reacted different to the fluid, each looks slighly different - something that gives them a vintage style.

Edit:
The pics that i posted here are gone as i have posted a separate thread for the Greedo Killer:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/anh-greedo-killer-buildup-104079/

And to ease me the overview in my photobucket i arranged the pics/albums new.

I also tried it on this piece - it´s not ready yet, need some more milling, but i was curious:

PB140023.jpg

And compared to a not yet treated one:

PB140024.jpg

I like the results. A light treatment with it should also help to stuck paint on alu, if you skip the oil rubbing part, it´s like etching the surface.

Last edited:
Thanks. :)

That was for testing, to get some practice.

You remember this part?

PA210006.jpg

I had it at a machine shop to mill the slot:

PB150026.jpg

So i marked the cutout:

PB150028.jpg

And used a halfround file to give it the right shape. After that it got the blackening, it needed 2 baths of 1 minute each to be dark enough. After washing and brushing it looked that way:

PB150002.jpg

PB150003.jpg

The next i did was sealing the surface with oil.

And then i couldn´t wait - i had to put it on the gun (it´s still oily) :love :

PB150005.jpg

PB150008.jpg

Has anyone here the exact diameter of the "mystery disc" and the hole in its center?

PB150006.jpg

I like it:

PB150004.jpg

Thanks for watching. :)

This is art! I wish I had the machining skills to do something similiar. I know you said the smeiser was a replica from denix, is that a member here or an online site???

Lichtbringer, what you do is ROCK N ROLL!!!

Thank you so much for your reportage and also a big thanks for the fantastic pictures!!!

Hope we see more of them in the future!!! :thumbsup

Incredible work! Wish I would be so talented with metal work!
The plans you printed in 1:1 could you tell me where you did get them from? I'm going to make my blaster in the near future and such a reference would be much appreciated.

Keep up your good work.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back