Han Hoth jacket

reelprops

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The snow jacket. Anyone know if its a found jacket or fabricated? anyone know where to find one?

Reel

The closest thing you'll find off the shelf is a Lavori Parka. They are sold in the US by Woolrich, Inc in multiple colors. They even have coyote fur trim around the hood, and they are super warm. I wore one out when there was a wind chill in the sub-zeros and was sweating up a storm in one. Woolrich has a pretty decent price on them. Only rub is, Woolrich will not ship out of country on these nor to some states such as Florida, California, or New York, due to the tendency of people to ship these overseas, which violates their trade agreement with Lavori. But they will sell them in store. This is probably not the right time of year to get them, as they are more often found in the fall. And they do go up to a size 5x in some styles...

The style is 8241. Not sure why they aren't showing the Navy, as I know they exist. The pictures on the website are very poor as far as showing these in their glory. The nutmeg is the closest thing to a brown that they make though. It's been a while since I've dealt with these, so no doubt there was a price increase since that time, but these ran about $275 at the time. Make no mistake though, these are functional coats, not costumes.

Yeah, I don't know if, myself, would want to wear an actual Arctic Parka to a Convention. I don't know if the real ones were a real world piece but I've always heard they were custom. There's a lot of horizontal and vertical quilting on the movie coat that I've never seen on any of the options offered up.

I wouldn't be surprised if the costume department made an actual lined warm version for Norway and a faux quilted one for the soundstage stuff. Especially since I have heard harrison Ford sweats a lot.

Anyone shoot pix of the jacket s at Celebration 4 :confused I was told the jacket / parka was there:)

aljf:eek

I would love to see those pics if true- I have never seen that item on any of the tours- or magic of myth stuff

Here you go.

100_0551.jpg

They even had a voting box next to it so you could vote if you thought it was Navy or Brown!

Yep - that's the truth!

It was obviously brown - not navy!

id love to pick up one of these, a shame they dont have either of the colors ANYONE WOULD WANT THEM IN...pardon my anger ;)

I have always been skeptical that this was dark brown- it always looked Dark blue to me in the film- but there it is--VERY dark brown for sure...thanks KidL

ive always been a 'blue' supporter but i just got the GG statue where its brown, but in low light , it really could pass for blue. Really amazing actually. I would never think that would be the case but there ya go...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back