I bought a very cheap fibreglass and resin kit off eBay and wanted to turn it into a reasonably accruate finished item.
The total cost for this was under £40 so I am very pleased.
Here is the kit in it's original state . As you can see there is no detail to anything and everything is joined together.
The first thing I did was replace the resin rods with metal ones.
The next thing I did was asses the rocker switches. Not that acurate!!
So I ground off the original sliders and repaired the rocker switches with a bit if resin.
The next thing I did was make some new sliders and rodtops out of resin as the ones that came with the kit were rubbish!
Then I wet sanded everything.
Then comes paint. 3 coats of gloss black cut back with 2500 grit wet and dry the 3 coats of clearcoat cut back with 2500 grit wrt and dry, then cut polished twice and then a final wax polish (twice!!).
Then comes the essembly!!!
At this point I repainted the coinslots so they have a black edge but I have noticed this allso makes the look a bit small .
And voila the finished result!!