E11 Scratchbuild

skiffy

Sr Member
I've been toying with this for a while, and finally decided to get properly stuck in - using the BBC PVC pipe plans - this is where I'm at:

121209_KitSoFar.jpg

There's front and back sights, front roughly cut out.
Mag housing which I've started to bend-up.
Inner barrel.
Scope rail - part formed.
Butt-cap and front cap with hex bolts for front cap detail.
Main body with brass rod coil spring in rear.
Trigger guard.
Stock pieces and T track.

The brass coil was a complete b1tch to form up - it's 4mm rod and I shaped it around a broom handle.. Very sore hands after that.

The trigger guard is pretty heavy guage steel - I didn't want anything too flimsy..

Lots still to do, but seeing it all together is encouraging - and I get the feeling that once I start putting these pieces in place it'll soon look like it's meant to..

I've ordered a resin scope and hengstler counter (that's the box-like thing on the side of the blaster) as I just couldn't face the prospect of spending hundreds of hours on them...

Looking really good so far will be interested to see it completed as im building one myself at the moment.

go5ty - checked out your build - very nice!

I finally got my resin scope and hengstler counter in the post, and fine examples of the caster's art they are too! Update pics soon.

Progress!

The mag housing has been formed up. I'll cut slots in the main body to push it into. I've made the muzzle detail with acrylic sheet, the foresight is slotted into it which holds everything together. There'll be another trigger piece to glue to the existing one - sandwiched together they'll give a bit of depth. Nothing is fixed/glued properly yet.. I'll do some filling/sanding/priming first - then get busy with the bondo.

side-on_201209.jpg

overview_201209.jpg

mag-housing_201209.jpg

muzzle-detail_201209.jpg

WOW! Very nice I like some of the material you are using such as the clear plexiglass piece for the front of the muzzle

IDEA:
Anyone building an E11 and cant think of what to make the muzzle from should look at various coins, i used some from here in the uk & glued them together then used a small amount of filler to smooth them out, just remember to clamp them together when drilling/machining them.

Looking fantastic. I love the E11 (the BBC plans were my first scratch build actually) and you are doing it up right!

IDEA:
Anyone building an E11 and cant think of what to make the muzzle from should look at various coins, i used some from here in the uk & glued them together then used a small amount of filler to smooth them out, just remember to clamp them together when drilling/machining them.

Couldn't find washers ?
Saves drilling.

I used a clear acrylic block which costs about £3 from UK craft stores.. It's used for block printing on home-made cards and such and is relatively cheap.

I'll be resuming this build this weekend after a brief Xmas hiatus.

Couldn't find washers ?
Saves drilling.

i did look at washers but i found that 3 x 2p & 2 x 1p coins looked about right without using too many, so i thought the less there is the less that can go wrong, and washers still need the sides machinig out for the allen bolts so whats a little drilling after that lol :lol

looks great!!!

i build one myself from those plans,but sold it when i bought a loose mr one for a good price.
one thing use some filler on the mag receiver seems to smoothen that out it will look soooooo much better ;)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back