Darth Maul Clothing for Bust

LDR

Sr Member
Hi guys, I'm finishing off a Cyberman Darth Maul bust...painting, glass eyes etc.
Anyway, I want to get some reasonably accurate yet cheap clothes, the bust only goes down to the top of the chest, so I would only need the jacket/cloak hood, etc.

So does anyone have an ideas? What should I use? A black karate jacket? Can anyone sell some cheap tatty ones that I can cut the top half off?

Does anyone know how accurate these costumes are:

Star Wars Deluxe Darth Maul Fancy Dress Costume | eBay

Looks rubbish, but might be ok for the material?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Lewis

well after finding someone on ebay to make this, its been a complete waste of time...and money. The seller was great at first, emailed me etc....but delay after delay, and she soon disappeared completely with my money.
I'd been understanding and only asked her to let me know how things were progressing, if there were problems to let me know and we could work things out. But she just disappeared....until I put a claim in with ebay/paypal.
Paypal sided with me, and refunded my money. The seller then contacted me to say she had posted the item, and hoped I would pay for it if i liked it. The parcel never arrived (picked up 5th June supposedly), and she'd even put the wrong address on it. So word of warning stay away from this person. Ebay user is pagodapopcorn

Looks like shes had alot of bad feedback recently.

So back to square one! Still looking for a costume for this bust.

well after finding someone on ebay to make this, its been a complete waste of time...and money. The seller was great at first, emailed me etc....but delay after delay, and she soon disappeared completely with my money.
I'd been understanding and only asked her to let me know how things were progressing, if there were problems to let me know and we could work things out. But she just disappeared....until I put a claim in with ebay/paypal.
Paypal sided with me, and refunded my money. The seller then contacted me to say she had posted the item, and hoped I would pay for it if i liked it. The parcel never arrived (picked up 5th June supposedly), and she'd even put the wrong address on it. So word of warning stay away from this person. Ebay user is pagodapopcorn

Looks like shes had alot of bad feedback recently.

So back to square one! Still looking for a costume for this bust.

Hey guys

Hate to be a necroposter but thought this was important enough to go for it. This person is STILL selling....and not delivering any parts. My GF and I are in to this person for 200.00 so far, luckily not the whole amount of 800.00 when we commissioned her to build custom leather soft parts for a Boushh outfit. Her eBay account was closed by eBay for fraudulent activity. The last 5 feedbacks left for her on eBay were all from people who said they never got their item.

She is still selling on the Boushh builders website, Etsy, and a few other places. So give me a hnd in spreading the word on this seller and lets get her permanently out of the prop building community!

This is her contact info for anyone who has suffered from the lazy, lying seamstress.

Traci Veno
Portland, Oregon, 97219
I also have her address in case anyone needs to mail out a court summons, though I hesitate to post it here. Just PM me if you need it
Email is pagodapopcorn@yahoo.com

and the Paypal address she sent us was bportega@yahoo.com and burtonortega@yahoo.com Though I suspect she has been through a couple of these by now.

STAY AWAY, she sounds like such a nice person and I have to wonder if she is trying to rip people off or just has no work ethic. I would think someone that was trying to rip people off for this long would have figured out that Paypal will side with a shorted buyer everytime. Either way we have been spun through lie after lie after lie and as creative as she is with those, she doesnt seem to be producing anything else.

Amen.

Sorry to hear shes ripped you off to. I dont know if its deliberate or not, but she doesnt seem to be able to complete any job.

Also disappearing isn't helpful....especially when shes posting on facebook..interestingly she made friends with me on facebook, after all thats happened!

STAY AWAY, she sounds like such a nice person and I have to wonder if she is trying to rip people off or just has no work ethic. I would think someone that was trying to rip people off for this long would have figured out that Paypal will side with a shorted buyer everytime. Either way we have been spun through lie after lie after lie and as creative as she is with those, she doesnt seem to be producing anything else.

I'm in the same boat currently, although now her Etsy store is down as well. The yahoo addresses come back error undeliverable. I'm a few hundred in, using paypal. I've started the dispute process but that is going to take a long time. I wish I had done more research before pulling the trigger. The worst part, I doubt this will be resolved in time for me to get a new costume for halloween ugh. Stressful nonetheless. Be warned. Google google google.

Well after running around in circles with her for weeks I finally told her we are done communicating and that she needs to just refund my money or let the paypal claim go through. She seemed more then happy to refund the money she owed us and now our nightmare with lazy seamstress is over. My guess would be she didnt want to **** off someone who lives in the same town and has her home address.

She is also claiming to do helmets for the boushh. Says that she isnt a recaster but that she cast her mold from someone elses helmet......:facepalm

The pagodapopcorn@yahoo seems to still be a valid email address. If I can be of any assistance just let me know.

Further on this, lets please everyone do their part in making this person known! Google searches come back much more relevant info when there is more to be had. Also we need to let webmasters know because they can see I.P addresses of members.

Omigosh!!! I commissioned Traci Veno to make our costumes for our Star Wars themed wedding. Our wedding is in 3 weeks and we have been going back and forth with her about when we will receive them. Now I can't get in touch with her at all! It is like she just disappeared. I have never been so devastated. We now have to figure something out to wear in less then 3 weeks! This is my wedding, how could someone be so low! Please get the word out on her!

I just received my refund from paypal. There was no response from Traci Veno / Burton Ortega via PayPal dispute resolution. I hope everything works out for everyone else.

Same situation as me. Paid for my revan robes back in June and have been patiently waiting... on and off emails from her and now it's too late to get paypal to get me a refund :( I did some research and apparently she was in debt a few years ago... I wonder what kind of trouble she is in now to scam all these people out of their money. She used to have a facebook account as well but it got taken down a short while back I guess from people trying to get ahold of her. This is my second time buying goods online and I'm out $350 :( so sad

That helmet she is recasting is mine that I had bought from Todd in CA. I paid $300 for the mold and had Todd send it to her for a completed build for an extra $200. She took my helmet and money and ran. Now I guess she's recasting the helmet mold that I sent her and reselling it. I've actually opened a case in IC3 against her for internet crime. It's a shame people like this are out there

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back