1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Hi there,
I just discovered this thread and I've got to say this is the craziest build I've ever seen.
A lot of work involved and a stunning result so far.

Hi GR,

Thank you so much for the kind words! I wish I was further along but the last weeks I've been covered up with work! :angry

Hi Gang,

I've been redesigning the throttle housing greeblies and I am really happy with the way they're turning out so far... Enjoy

IMAG0049-1.jpg

IMAG0050-1.jpg

IMAG0051-1.jpg

IMAG0052-1.jpg

Compared to previous version
IMAG0053-1.jpg

More to come!

Hi Gang,

I've started the LONG process of cutting the battery powered LEDs and switching them over the 6v wall warts!

Getting everything ready! Yes.. there is a switch in there as well! :)
IMAG0055-1.jpg

SUCCESS!!! It did work... trust me! lol
IMAG0056-2.jpg

I have to figure out exactly how I'm going to set up the lights, switches, etc... The back panel to main console will also have working LEDs along with the "blue" lights up front...

Stay Tuned!

Just installed a switch - not sure whether this will power the monitor or the pilot side panel lights
IMAG0058-2.jpg

Which is better?

Newer?
IMAG0060-1.jpg

Older
IMAG0061-1.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

Side by Side comparo
IMAG0059-1.jpg

More to come

Last edited:

Both new and old look awesome. I'd say use whichever looks closer to the screen grabs you have.

If you can't tell I'd say new looks more polished.

This project is so incredible I am truly envious. The level of detail and accuracy makes me want to crawl in a hole and give up prop making. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. Really awesome work!

This project is so incredible I am truly envious. The level of detail and accuracy makes me want to crawl in a hole and give up prop making. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. Really awesome work!

WOW! I don't know what to say. I am very flattered. Thank you for the kind words... I look around me and think the exact same thing with all the other amazing builds going on... :)

Thank you again... I'm humbled... :)

Both new and old look awesome. I'd say use whichever looks closer to the screen grabs you have.

If you can't tell I'd say new looks more polished.

Thanks OB! I wish I had a dtailed image of the housing greeblie - better yet, if we knew what it was!

I like the new greeblie. It's a little cleaner looking.

They both look cool. Why not use the new one on the v2.0, and the old one on the static?

They both look cool. Why not use the new one on the v2.0, and the old one on the static?

Hi S,

I've been thinking the same thing. I so badly want to figure out what the actual pieces are! A guy at work said it looked like a frame to a telephone... I looked and looked and looked... No luck... It could be anything

Hi G

Just popped into let you know the resin arrived for the paddle switches :thumbsup

Geez, Aren't you DONE with this thing already!?! :facepalm LOL JK.:lol I have been following this since the beginning and I just have to say I am absolutely floored by your amazing dedication and your attention to detail. I wish i lived in your area, as i would happily volunteer my time and my skills to help you realize this amazing project. Having been out of work since January I am, at 40 (almost 41! UGH!), re-inventing myself as a professional propmaker/costumer. I am still trying to tap in to my long dormant creative animal within, and I take great inspiration from so many of the fine and talented individuals on these boards, but this project is such an inspirational labor of love and fandom that I find my passion for this stuff invigorated.
I am sorry to gush, but it has been a rough couple weeks, and I just needed to express my appreciation for your hard work. Keep those updates coming, and I really hope this will be at Celebration VII, in Orlando 9or wherever) in two years...

Hi EvilBoy,

Thank you for the very kind words. :) I wish you were in my area, I would love the help! Funny thing... I used to live in Reston! :)

I'm so sorry about your situation... I feel your pain having been there myself. I virtually lost everything - I was about the same age... So again, I do sympathize. Hopefully things will turn around and pick up for you. :)

In the meantime... I'm planning to hit the console and LED configuration hard this long holiday weekend! I'm so close to finishing. Just a few minor adjustments, add the LEDs and then she's all finished! And then I start ALL over again! :)

Hang in there, buddy! Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

Switches, Solder and LEDs oh my...

I started the process of getting the LEDs, switches and everything else mounted and working!

This is the wiring for the front panel blue LEDs - this will require a 12v AC adapter
IMAG0066-1.jpg

Mounted the plug strip inside the console
IMAG0067.jpg

Making sure the switch works on the LED strand
IMAG0068-1.jpg

Backside
IMAG0070-1.jpg

Off
IMAG0071-1.jpg

On
IMAG0072-1.jpg

VIDEO!!!

I've decided to keep the existing monitor surround. I'm now working on the screen graphic and the a mount for the backlight which will be operated by another switch. :)

More to come!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back