Wolverine Origins belt made easy.

Solider

For a custom Wolverine belt strap.

First go to a shopping mall or a store where you can find 1 distressed brown leather belt with a permanently attached buckle (usually less expensive)(also you want to find one that has the buckle sewed is not riveted or snapped because you want to use your own rivets so they all match) However, if you get one with a snapped on removable buckle try and match the rivets to snaps for consistency . . Get a belt as log as possible, much longer then your waist(so you have room to cut off the two pieces). This should run about $20 - $30.

You will need leather rivets, and rivet set tool, leather scissors, a leather hole punchers, and ether a small amount of matching dark brown lather dye or 1 dark brown sharpie marker. This should be around $30 read below to get the length for you approximately.

Next you cut the buckle off (If it's a non-removable kind) of the belt as close as you can to the buckle. Now measure and cut off 2 pieces about 3 and 1 half to 4 inches long off of one of the ends or 1 off each end cutting the piece off the end after the holes if there is enough there. Usually the end with the pre-punched holes has around 4 inches between the last hole and the tip.

Then you dye or color in the end of the cut edge.

If you have a non-removable buckle belt strap: Thread the end through your Wolverine Indian head buckle, belt strap bar and pinch the pieces together living enough room on the back for the rivets to hold the 2 together. . Then as close as you can get to the end of the belt to pound the rivets together without hitting the buckle on the front , hold folded over pieces of the belt strap the you threaded through the buckle tight and punch 2 holes for the rivets and rivet the belt. (you hammer the rivets using the set tool) Now the buckle is permanently attached to the end of the belt.

Now shape the 2 pieces of belt you cut to look like the extra pieces attached to the Wolverine belt with the leather scissors. Dye or color in the cut edges when you get them right.

Now place the belt on yourself using the jeans you want to wear. If possible try and get it so you use the first hole on the strap so there are no visible belt holes. (You will tuck the end of the belt under the buckle under the strap, not over the strap) looking down, line up one of the shaped pieces to your left so it falls on the corner of you hip where the Wolverine belt piece should go. Mark the location with your bodies bend in mind. Do the same for the back piece at the back corner of your right hip. With the belt off punch the first hole through both the belt and the piece together and rivet them. Then, with the correct bend to the belt (matching your waist bend) punch and rivet the rest of the piece to the strap. 3 rivets at each end of the shaped pieces. Do the same on the back pieces.

Punch a holes if needed to latch the buckle to. If the other end of the belt is too long cut away and dye or color the cut edge. Remember to leave enough belt so you can add hole if you gain weight.

Now you just made a movie quality custom belt to your exact waist measurements for around $60 or less.
(I bought 2 belts when one would have done it. And they were not identical so I had to try and dye them to match. I spent a lot more then I should have). I might make a second belt now that I have stream lined the process and already have to tools. All I need to do is find the perfect belt for cheep somewhere.

EDIT: TEXT MOVE: And this is the prototype belt. The rivets don't match the snaps so I'm going to use this method to make the perfect one next. Also the 2 detail pieces on this prototype are to long I think. Plus there are three snaps and I only want 2 rivets at the end by the buckle. But here is my first belt.

rivsm.jpg

toolssm.jpg

beltsm.jpg

beltlongsm.jpg

Last edited:
Just a little constructive criticism, if I were you, I'd shorten the patches in length a bit and spread the rivets out a little more for a little more SA look. I'll post a pic of what I mean when I can.

Just a little constructive criticism, if I were you, I'd shorten the patches in length a bit and spread the rivets out a little more for a little more SA look. I'll post a pic of what I mean when I can.
And this is the prototype belt. The rivets don't match the snaps so I'm going to use this method to make the perfect one next. Also the 2 detail pieces on this prototype are to long I think. Plus there are three snaps and I only want 2 rivets at the end by the buckle. But here is my first belt.

Thanks :) I knew that I made the 2 pieces to long :( This was a prototype... but I never got around you in making my 2nd screen accurate one yet :(

Also, yeah show me what you were talking about with the rivets spacing, I'd like to see it. I might be able to use it in the final belt (If I ever get around to it lol )

Soldier. Nice tutorial. I have been having a pretty hard time finding an accurate belt so I might have a crack at doing it myself. Hope it can turn out as good as yours.

Commonbub. Looking forward to seeing pics of your more accurate version.

Bit of a silly question but where does the second detail piece go? I can't seem to find a pic with both of them in. I personally like having a bit of symmetry but I wouldn't mind being accurate for this.

I'll have to look for some pics again, but it goes on the opposite corner of the body in back. your left side back corner.

here is an ok back shot
2492a50a-6ba6-489b-b4c3-ba4c347157a0_zps11d22297.jpg

2492a50a-6ba6-489b-b4c3-ba4c347157a0_zps11d22297.jpg

Attachments

• article-2305191-18F82DA9000005DC-384_634x875.jpg
    article-2305191-18F82DA9000005DC-384_634x875.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:
Thanks for the pic soldier, really helps me out. Also what would the detail pieces actually be for? Do they serv a purpose or are they just for looks? I have never seen a belt with them before but I am also not a candadian lumberjack so maybe that is why

I have given that some though before. My guess is that the detailed pieces would be to hold the belt together had the strap broke. That's the only reason I could think of other then just for looks.

Logan accidentally cut his belt into thirds one time when he was pulling his jeans up with claws extended.

Not really.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back