Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

Distressed Logan's Closet X2 made by vanson...
x2prodfront2.jpg

x2prodside.jpg

x2prodsideright.jpg

x2prodfront1.jpg

x2prodcuff.jpg

x2prodback.jpg

So I've gotten to this level of distress on my X2 if any of you have been wondering what I've been doing all night ;)

Did you get any before shots to go with your finished version? Nice to know someone else is also pulling all-nighters distressing these, it's a lot of work isn't it comonbub? It really is a couple days worth of work to get each jacket there.

Hi guys, I'm new here but have been lurking a bit here and there for awhile. I'm really wanting to get a jacket through Heron (XO) but the colors don't seem quite right off the shelf. I can't quite place my finger on it. Anyway, I was hoping someone could recommend what colors I should ask for on mine when I order it? Also any other advice on ordering through Heron as I've never done it before. (I really love the jackets people have posted on here, especially the X2s, and I'm hoping my XO comes out nearly as awesome!)

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm new here but have been lurking a bit here and there for awhile. I'm really wanting to get a jacket through Heron (XO) but the colors don't seem quite right off the shelf. I can't quite place my finger on it. Anyway, I was hoping someone could recommend what colors I should ask for on mine when I order it? Also any other advice on ordering through Heron as I've never done it before. (I really love the jackets people have posted on here, especially the X2s, and I'm hoping my XO comes out nearly as awesome!)

You should use a bunch of XO stills and take that up with Miguel( here as "Jeggs"). The satisfaction is by discussing it with the designer/manufacturer of the products. That's how I got it to where I wanted my product. Using the stills provided, and shooting emails.

Did you get any before shots to go with your finished version? Nice to know someone else is also pulling all-nighters distressing these, it's a lot of work isn't it comonbub? It really is a couple days worth of work to get each jacket there.

It's hard. The suede was easy but the leather is tough. I'm getting there. And no...I figured all of the jackets look the same so I'll use one of the stock phots you got up here of a new one and compare it to mine when I'm done distressing that is if you don't mind dan. I have a pic on FJ.com but I can't figure out how to put it on here.

Here are some quick shots of the jacket with the wig and chops for added effect.

The Logger look from XO (Pre-Adamantium ;) ):
Here's my close enough logging vest from Origins:

Collar detail

Goofin' off

Bub, I can't wait to see more pics of the Vanson X2 jacket distressed. So between me you, Dan and the costumer who distressed Hugh's for the film, we are the only ones I know of that have done this to an X2 jacket. ;)
If anyone else out there has an X2 that had distressed it, please let me know. I'm all about oogling some jackets. :p

And the vest was a cheap eBay find that I distressed immediately...like everything else I touch. :lol
This is what it looked like before I got a hold of it:

Bub, I can't wait to see more pics of the Vanson X2 jacket distressed. So between me you, Dan and the costumer who distressed Hugh's for the film, we are the only ones I know of that have done this to an X2 jacket. ;)
If anyone else out there has an X2 that had distressed it, please let me know. I'm all about oogling some jackets. :p

I'd Love to distress mine further but have no idea where to start. What are you guys using to get the effect?

I rubbed black shoe polish gently into the suede and continued from there until I got the look I desired. I then rubbed alcohol all over and continued with a little more effort over the high spots on the jacket. Hopped in the shower with it on and threw it in the dryer on low heat and it shrank to my body in doing so. I don't have the left arm stripe ripped off, so I don't think I'll ever be where you and dan are haha. It's just too beautiful.

Black Kiwi shoe polish in the can, loaded onto a horsehair buffing brush for shining shoes. That's it. The key is doing it slow and methodical. The alocohol rub down is by far the most laborous and time consuming. Wearing a jacket in the shower...that's the fun part. :lol

I'm not big on shoe polish as it can come off onto surrounding things a bit easier than other methods... I use kiwi shoe leather dye as a staple, but for the suede I apply with a paint brush instead of the sponge applicator. Alcohol rub downs are also a must step with this one for me. Water treatments are also great for break in.

I see how that could happen. Based on my experience, if done lightly and not overdoing areas, there shouldn't be any issues. I haven't had any with the wax or liquid versions. I stick with a shoe brush as my tool. I would be too afraid the paint brush stokes would be seen, and once applied it's a real pain to blend that in without ruining the area.

The key to the wax, is to blend it into the fibers, not let it sit on top of the suede. I guess that's where the transfer occurs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back