Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Thanks to member inlikeflynn I will be upgrading to a vanson XO in a few days I'm so excited been looking at the pics all weekend :)

P.s there will be a very well priced leathernext jacket for sale soon

Wolf, I can help with size based on my jacket and what I measure at. I'll try and get back to you today or tomorrow. Wade is busy, but he should get back to you.
Thanks, I understand he's busy and that's fine I'm not in a hurry. It isn't that cold yet where I live. haha

Well I sized myself for an XO from Wolverinejacket, I contacted Wade, he got back to me in less than 2 days... and I shall be placing my order tomorrow! 50 degree weather calls for a jacket that can keep me warm AND look awesome all at once :D

Well I sized myself for an XO from Wolverinejacket, I contacted Wade, he got back to me in less than 2 days... and I shall be placing my order tomorrow! 50 degree weather calls for a jacket that can keep me warm AND look awesome all at once :D

don't forget the discount code ;p 50 degrees is tough to deal with :D

Last edited:
Thanks, I understand he's busy and that's fine I'm not in a hurry. It isn't that cold yet where I live. haha

I'm going to order a new jacket so I got really good measurements taken. I had myself and my size M jacket measured measured. The sleeves measure exactly from the highest point at the shoulder to the end of the cuff, and they are 26" that comes a half inch before the end of my knuckle. The cuff is angled in so it's not as long on the other side by my palm. The shoulders of the jacket are 19.5 and my shoulders are 19 so I'm going to order a 19." The chest is of the jacket 46" and my chest is 44" and that fits very well. the length of the jacket is 27. I'm changing it to 26" . (the length is measured like the measurement doc on the jacket as well as your body) My new jacket is going to fit like a glove!!!!!

If you had someone measure you using that measure doc you should be ok. get a chest 2 inches bigger then yourself. That I found with multiple jackets that the 2 inch rule makes for a very good fit, it looks good zipped and also allows for some layering without leaving too much extra room. I'm 5.11" and 186 lbs, athletic build and the size M is close for me, the only thing I'm changing is the shoulders and length.

What are you measurements? and what measurements were you going to order?

I'm going to order a new jacket so I got really good measurements taken. I had myself and my size M jacket measured measured. The sleeves measure exactly from the highest point at the shoulder to the end of the cuff, and they are 26" that comes a half inch before the end of my knuckle. The cuff is angled in so it's not as long on the other side by my palm. The shoulders of the jacket are 19.5 and my shoulders are 19 so I'm going to order a 19." The chest is of the jacket 46" and my chest is 44" and that fits very well. the length of the jacket is 27. I'm changing it to 26" . (the length is measured like the measurement doc on the jacket as well as your body) My new jacket is going to fit like a glove!!!!!

If you had someone measure you using that measure doc you should be ok. get a chest 2 inches bigger then yourself. That I found with multiple jackets that the 2 inch rule makes for a very good fit, it looks good zipped and also allows for some layering without leaving too much extra room. I'm 5.11" and 186 lbs, athletic build and the size M is close for me, the only thing I'm changing is the shoulders and length.

What are you measurements? and what measurements were you going to order?
Measurements.png
I typed my measurements on the image. The length on the doc. is from the neck to the navel, I'm 6'2", so I'm just slightly taller than you and my length measurement is 20 in (from the neck to the navel) I'm not sure if that is right. Other jackets I have are somewhere between 26.5 to 27 inches in length.

View attachment 251376
I typed my measurements on the image. The length on the doc. is from the neck to the navel, I'm 6'2", so I'm just slightly taller than you and my length measurement is 20 in (from the neck to the navel) I'm not sure if that is right. Other jackets I have are somewhere between 26.5 to 27 inches in length.
your sleeves seem too long and you length seems too short. When I get time, i'll take some pics to help. I'm .75" shy of 6" tall. for exact

your sleeves seem too long and you length seems too short. When I get time, i'll take some pics to help. I'm .75" shy of 6" tall. for exact
Thanks Soldier, I agree with you those measurements are a bit odd, I wonder if the seamstress measured me wrong. Here is a jacket that fits me well it is little loose and is just a little long though.
My Jacket measure.png
My Wolverine.png

Thanks Soldier, I agree with you those measurements are a bit odd, I wonder if the seamstress measured me wrong. Here is a jacket that fits me well it is little loose and is just a little long though.
View attachment 251404
View attachment 251407

I don't think your shoulders are 20" I think 19.5" or 19" On that jacket does the shoulder seam fall right over the top corner of your shoulder where you feel the bone or is there extra room past that point? Also to get a accurate look at length of the fit, I would take a pic with the jacket zipped up. Un-zipped the front left and right sags lower the they actually are from being open. I bet with a little back and forth and the current jacket you have on we can get you a awesome fit. Your sleeve might be a tad longer then the jacket you have on there. I'll take a few picks of the wolverine jacket and the jacket measures and the fit on me latter hopefully today.

If you can, get your chest re-measured. If you have a measuring tape that is flexible it's easy enough to do by yourself to get very close, it helps if some one else does it so both your arms can be down at your side.

don't forget the discount code ;p 50 degrees is tough to deal with :D

Yes sir! During November the typical HIGH temp is mid 60s, the night wind chill doesn't help either :eek
My Route66-turned-X1 jacket's measurements are virtual matches to the size Small, I can easily layer a flannel underneath and still have wiggle room if I zip up. My route66 doesnt have the extra shoulder blade room so the XO should have more room/movement than my current jacket :thumbsup Plus this is cheapy fashion thin pleather so actual leather will be a HUGE difference in weight and warmth, which is good!

I don't think your shoulders are 20" I think 19.5" or 19" On that jacket does the shoulder seam fall right over the top corner of your shoulder where you feel the bone or is there extra room past that point? Also to get a accurate look at length of the fit, I would take a pic with the jacket zipped up. Un-zipped the front left and right sags lower the they actually are from being open. I bet with a little back and forth and the current jacket you have on we can get you a awesome fit. Your sleeve might be a tad longer then the jacket you have on there. I'll take a few picks of the wolverine jacket and the jacket measures and the fit on me latter hopefully today.

If you can, get your chest re-measured. If you have a measuring tape that is flexible it's easy enough to do by yourself to get very close, it helps if some one else does it so both your arms can be down at your side.
zipped.png
Thanks Solider, I think that my shoulders are 19.5 just judging by how the jacket fits (that is also the measurement on the jacket). I think that my chest is 40 inches, that's taking it with a tank on. I'm thinking that the chest measurement is okay.

BTW, the odd thing about that jacket is I have had a few people ask if it was the Wolverine jacket, just out in public or at school. It's funny how much we stress on getting everything screen accurate and the most people don't notice the little details. Granted I bought that jacket just because it reminded me of his jacket. haha

Last edited:
Yeah people notice my jacket and recognize it as a Wolvie, the only modding I did was paint the sleeve stripes and added the waist stripes haha (I suppose mutton chops gives it away as well :p) Just this Saturday someone asked me: "Where'd you score the jacket? Its a Wolverine, isn't it? Did you know Wolverine wears one just like it?" Then I showed him my shirt underneath, which was this: Marvel Universe 90s Wolverine T-Shirt | Hot Topic

View attachment 251438
Thanks Solider, I think that my shoulders are 19.5 just judging by how the jacket fits (that is also the measurement on the jacket). I think that my chest is 40 inches, that's taking it with a tank on. I'm thinking that the chest measurement is okay.

BTW, the odd thing about that jacket is I have had a few people ask if it was the Wolverine jacket, just out in public or at school. It's funny how much we stress on getting everything screen accurate and the most people don't notice the little details. Granted I bought that jacket just because it reminded me of his jacket. haha

I would consider doing a 42" chest 19.5 shoulders, Measure for your length starting from the point the doc says but go to the bottom of your belt strap on your jeans and see what that is. You might want to base length off of that adding .5 to 1 inch or so. Measure your sleeve length starting at the point on the doc, make a fist and measure to the longest protruding knuckle tip, then take .5 to 1 inch off and that's where the sleeve would end. I bet that will be around 27" ish. I'm 2 inches shorter then you and I'm getting 26" length. I bet once you measure you should be around 27" ish. My body type is half and half my bottom half is proportionately the same as my top half. The comic-book body type is the bottom half is longer then the top half. The wolverine jacket look is not supposed to be too long, so if your body type is longer on the bottom half maybe 26" length jacket would look better.

Edit:
The wolverine jacket you see me in pics posted is 27" currently.
Let me know if you need some pics. I have a new jacket that is shorter then my Wolverine jacket and I like the shorter look. If needed I can take and post pics of both for comparison and give measurement differences.

Last edited:
So does anybody want to take a guess at what kind of shirt coat with elbow patches that Hugh is wearing when he first meets the old man?

I would consider doing a 42" chest 19.5 shoulders, Measure for your length starting from the point the doc says but go to the bottom of your belt strap on your jeans and see what that is. You might want to base length off of that adding .5 to 1 inch or so. Measure your sleeve length starting at the point on the doc, make a fist and measure to the longest protruding knuckle tip, then take .5 to 1 inch off and that's where the sleeve would end. I bet that will be around 27" ish. I'm 2 inches shorter then you and I'm getting 26" length. I bet once you measure you should be around 27" ish. My body type is half and half my bottom half is proportionately the same as my top half. The comic-book body type is the bottom half is longer then the top half. The wolverine jacket look is not supposed to be too long, so if your body type is longer on the bottom half maybe 26" length jacket would look better.

Edit:
The wolverine jacket you see me in pics posted is 27" currently.
Let me know if you need some pics. I have a new jacket that is shorter then my Wolverine jacket and I like the shorter look. If needed I can take and post pics of both for comparison and give measurement differences.
When you are measuring your length are you measuring your body or the jacket itself? My body from the bone in my neck to my navel is 20 inches, from my neck bone to the below the belt is about 22 inches. Also when I put my jacket on the length is shorter than when it is laying flat. Laying flat it is 27 inches, measuring it while I'm wearing it is about 26.5 inches. I'm thinking that the body measurements should be different than the jacket measurements, I could be wrong though. I just don't understand how my body measurements and jacket measurements can vary that much, it doesn't make sense. lol

Last edited:
What's the best jacket I can get for under $250? I want real black leather with gray highlights instead of the brown with light brown. Also the sleeves need to be longer than the bottom, most of the super cheap ones I find on etsy or eBay seem pretty crappy even for less than $120.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back