Where the hell is the Museum Replicas Thor hammer???

rocket20

Ordered mine from Sideshow the FIRST day it was made available. Others have their's in hand already, where the hell is mine???

I have one on order through Sideshow as well.
I got to see one in person at a comic store while on vacation.
I don't want to spoil anything, but I was not thrilled...

Please share your thoughts. I might cancel my order and save some money.

I plan on doing a full review when mine arrives, but when I saw this thing in person I just thought to myself "shameful"
I knew the handle would be poorly done and was hoping that by removing it for a replacement, the head would still be salvagable.
The quality of the handle is quite laughable, like someone in high school art class made it.
The head has soft details and even the fact that it's made of metal does not help the overall innacurate apperence of it.
I will share detailed photos when mine arrives, unfortunately I cannot cancel without losing my deposit.

I plan on doing a full review when mine arrives, but when I saw this thing in person I just thought to myself "shameful"
I knew the handle would be poorly done and was hoping that by removing it for a replacement, the head would still be salvagable.
The quality of the handle is quite laughable, like someone in high school art class made it.
The head has soft details and even the fact that it's made of metal does not help the overall innacurate apperence of it.
I will share detailed photos when mine arrives, unfortunately I cannot cancel without losing my deposit.

So, would you say the pics we've seen are misleading?

That's too bad that they can't learn from past pieces.
Figured this might happen all of MR stuff is very questionable, they never produce what there prototypes look like.:unsure

Once again, the conclusion I'm inevitably coming to is, just buy the inexpensive "Halloween costume prop" version, it's very affordable and the company that made it did a really good job on such an inexpensive replica.

Those with the appropriate skills could probably make it even MORE awesome just by giving it a better paint job! :cool:thumbsup

Mine is on order with sideshow and a $40 deposit. It sounds like I should eat the $40 and cancel. Why spend another $360 for something I won't be happy with?

Mine is on order with sideshow and a $40 deposit. It sounds like I should eat the $40 and cancel. Why spend another $360 for something I won't be happy with?

There's a video review of it on YouTube. To me, in that video it looks the same as the pics that's available. I'll keep my order. If I'm THAT disappointed, it will more than likely at least sell for what I'll have in it.

I called sideshow. No help. They say they're supposed to be in this month. They actually have stock arriving per the CSR. Doesn't look too promising. :rolleyes

I just received my hammer today, and I am absolutely floored at how terrible it is. The handle is laughable, and has paint improperly placed all over it. The grooves aren't even filled in with silver, it looks like the machine ran out, so the silver is barely there. To make matters worse, the head of the hammer has some sort of strange, oily residue that is VERY thick. I won't even remove the plastic bag over the top of the hammer, as this residue covers the entire hammer top.

This thing is awful.

I just received my hammer today, and I am absolutely floored at how terrible it is. The handle is laughable, and has paint improperly placed all over it. The grooves aren't even filled in with silver, it looks like the machine ran out, so the silver is barely there. To make matters worse, the head of the hammer has some sort of strange, oily residue that is VERY thick. I won't even remove the plastic bag over the top of the hammer, as this residue covers the entire hammer top.

This thing is awful.

Can you share some pics?

The oily residue might be to protect the metal from tarnishing while in transit. Not sure, just a guess though.

Can you share some pictures of the piece? I would probably cancel my pre-order except that the place I ordered from (Comics Infinity) doesn't refund deposits (last time I order from there).

That residue does sound like the oil to protect it, i've bought swords from Museum Replicas that came with the stuff on it.

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

If that oil is supposed to be there (I've never seen it before), then that's obviously not something to complain about. The handle makes me mad though. I guess I'll give Sideshow a shout on Mon to see what can be done about it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back