venom costume build

mikefu

hey there
carnage is delivered and the client was very happy...whew...you never know when dealing with people and payment...lol
the client is a cool guy and we are now working on venom for his friend.

first concept sketch...probably do a couple more as i find that act of sketching things out regardless of skill level helps alot.
the tendril are still a maybe but the rest of sketch is definitely where costume is heading... alot of bulk around shoulders , neck and back. its all about the silhouette, 0 (1).jpg0.jpgView attachment venom sketch detail.jpgthat's often where i start at this stage.

"sketching things out regardless of skills level helps a lot" but what if my sketching skill level is zero?

hahahahaha.. anyway your carnage suit is beaaauuutifull. are you basing this venom off any artist's rendition? it looks great! are those whirly little venom bits gonna be made too?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

cool sketch, though I've never been a fan of the tiny venom heads..and it also could look awkward in a costume...

cool sketch, though I've never been a fan of the tiny venom heads..and it also could look awkward in a costume...

not sure about the heads the sketch is where you work it out im doing a few more .its my first sketch and i agree im not sure about the mini heads but it is comic based ....the next couple sketches ill either iron those out or scrape them.

you could just do a couple or a few smaller heads coming off over his traps

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/download/file.php?id=25416&t=1

yeah from the venom:the madness comics series..i like that but as a costume the client wants something a little more classic and if i do add tendrils or heads they have to be magnetic like the tendrils on the carnage so i started doing sketches.also the emblem of course..chime off if you have a preference im doing a couple more concept sketches before final art..( i add the art in the box at the end as bonus material with costume. excited on this one as im doing a prop/stand like a base in the busts and comicquettes you see a display stand with poseable wire skeleton and lights etc...very cool)..simple sketchesdownload (1).jpgdownload.jpgl_f3d1bb0d8088414eaef5f454770fc944.jpgSymbiote_Symbol_resized__by_GeneralGrievousTrium.jpgView attachment eyes and hands.jpghands.jpgView attachment Scan.jpgView attachment venom symbol.jpgvenom_bowen_statue_11__950_.jpg with variety so he has choice but they also help me visualize the project a little better.
its the process...lol and hopefully it works out

Loved your Carnage build my friend, and now I am pumped more than ever for your Venom! Venom has always been one of my favorite Spidey Villains and the best renditions have always been the larger than life ones in my opinion, so I'm looking forward to seeing you do him some justice.

Sketches look great so far, and I agree on the possible awkwardness of the mini-heads, but I trust your judgement. Subscribed yet again :thumbsup

I like the classic style of spider on his chest, i hope you don't mind me posting reference pictures, venom is by far by favorite villain and i was in aw with your carnage build.

zzzz.jpg

also I might sketch on top of you front and back sketches to expand on the idea of the magnetic attachment heads, just for a visual haha hope you don't mind

I like the classic style of spider on his chest, i hope you don't mind me posting reference pictures, venom is by far by favorite villain and i was in aw with your carnage build.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h8QUU1LJZ6o/Uaa2JOxQowI/AAAAAAAANsY/A1HfKPXByHk/s1600/zzzz.jpg

also I might sketch on top of you front and back sketches to expand on the idea of the magnetic attachment heads, just for a visual haha hope you don't mind

not at all thats what we are here for, and thats the emblem i think we are going so thanks i didnt have a turnaround of that. i found this cool homemade action figure , id love the angular look bulk in shoulders, traps and back. i think this is the direction we are going ill know soon .ill keep sketching till it pops out...lol35237-1.jpg

Very excited to follow this thread & build! Personally, whenever I think of Venom, and his iconic look imo, it doesn't include the tendrils or heads. As you said it's all about the silhouette, and I think the tendrils/heads would only take away from that.

Keep up the great work though!

hey

hope everyone is having a happy holiday
too much turkey and not enough designing..lol
did manage to get another venom sketch done for suit. this will be where costumeis headed now . using the mark bagley concept as jumping point. this is what i have now trying to keep comic proportions but hyperrealistic style in textures etc...
thats the plan
if i get a ya from client i will begin build immediately. cant wait

cheersView attachment venom sketch 2 inked 2.jpg

I was also in aw over your carnage build.. CANNOT wait to see you finish this... I myself am working on a crossover with ironman/venom.

I was also in aw over your carnage build.. CANNOT wait to see you finish this... I myself am working on a crossover with ironman/venom.

that sounds wicked, a symbiote ironman costume.....cant wait to see that. i have an partially built ironman that aomeone started and then gave me....i may try something like that.

the venom is on the way still waiting on details from client and approvals.....thats the down side of doing it for some one..lol but the client wanted to go back to a modified first sketch ... i start actual build as some as i have the nessessary info...client dimensions . size etc... i cant wait ...im fresh off carnage and ready to take it to next level..lolView attachment venom sketch 1 inked11.jpg

Hi, Mikefue, just wanted to say thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu for posting that carnage build!. I was having a hard time looking for a good muscle suit tutorial! and boy you nailed it. Heres a couple of render images of venom so i can try and help you out although you know what youre doing haha. Cant wait to see this bad boyd built man. Am going to buy some duct tape so i can make my dummy and then slowly build my muscle suit. Thank you again for that thread man really apreciated. Ohh and sorry for posting random pics, hope you dont get mad.New_Venom_posed_by_mojette.jpgNew_venom_w_i_p__by_mojette.jpgvenom_by_tlishman-d4datwu.jpg

Hi, Mikefue, just wanted to say thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu for posting that carnage build!. I was having a hard time looking for a good muscle suit tutorial! and boy you nailed it. Heres a couple of render images of venom so i can try and help you out although you know what youre doing haha. Cant wait to see this bad boyd built man. Am going to buy some duct tape so i can make my dummy and then slowly build my muscle suit. Thank you again for that thread man really apreciated. Ohh and sorry for posting random pics, hope you dont get mad.View attachment 274995View attachment 274997View attachment 274996

not at all i appreciate your help. good luck with muscle suit.
love those renders by the way.
im still waiting on clients info etc before i start venom....you have to have patience sometimes ....i just cant wait to start..lol

well finially started venom . starting with head this time around. heres a shot of my early sculpt. should be finished in day or two. im doing the teeth separately i want alot of detail. with them so....thats the plan will post as soom something cool is done

cheersStratford-20140204-00571.jpgStratford-20140204-00577.jpgStratford-20140204-00576.jpgStratford-20140204-00575.jpgStratford-20140204-00574.jpgStratford-20140204-00573.jpgStratford-20140204-00572.jpgStratford-20140204-00569.jpgStratford-20140204-00570.jpgStratford-20140204-00578.jpgStratford-20140204-00571.jpgStratford-20140204-00577.jpgStratford-20140204-00576.jpgStratford-20140204-00575.jpgStratford-20140204-00574.jpgStratford-20140204-00573.jpgStratford-20140204-00572.jpgStratford-20140204-00569.jpgStratford-20140204-00570.jpgStratford-20140204-00578.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back