(UPDATED 5/5/2014) Merkymerx's Mark Bagley Inspired Spidey Suit

merkymerx

Work in progress of a suit I've been wanting to do ever since. Hoping to be able to finish this, unlike my Miles Morales suit which I put on hold for a number of reasons.

Everything's still very rough as I'm just at the planning stage. Just sketched out everything real quickly. Also, Nick Fox was kind enough to allow me to trace his pattern. Thank you Nick!

N1YrBiN.jpg

I got the idea from one of Joe Lai's posts on Facebook on making a comic book inspired dye sub Spidey suit. I love Mark Bagley's drawings of Spider-Man so I've decided to incorporate his style into the suit I'm going to be making.

Not planning to sell any prints of this or put up the digital file for sale.

But Joe, since I got this idea from you, I can give you a copy of this when I'm done if you'd like that. The same goes for Mr Nick Fox. :)

UPDATE (4/14/2014)

Been able to work on this for a bit. Everything's still in the rough stage so pardon the messy lines and inaccuracies. Will be improving those as I continue.

JIG80CB.jpg

Attachments

• JIG80CB.jpg
    JIG80CB.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
Re: Merkymerx's Mark Bagley Inspired Suit

Looks awesome. Did you drew it yourself?
What's the resolution and dpi of your psd?

You must have lots of ram, I'm using 400dpi and about 1:2 scale and it lags.

Hey Merky, that looks very interesting, I'll follow this for sure, good luck :)

I'm loving this !
I'll definitely follow your progression, this looks sick..

Hope some print would be available in the futur

Here's a long and overdue update!

Been able to work on this for a bit. Everything's still in the rough stage so pardon the messy lines and inaccuracies. Will be improving those as I continue.

JIG80CB.jpg

Re: (UPDATED 4/14/2014) Merkymerx's Mark Bagley Inspired Spidey Suit

Aw yeah! glad you didn't drop the ball on this merky :D

now that is the suit i grew up with. I will definitely be following this build. Looks awesome

looks great i had this idea as well but never went with it

Been hard at work refining my Mark Bagley inspired print. I did the legs first as I know they'll be a pain to do.

Kept things subtly asymmetrical for it to have a more "hand drawn" feel. For the emblem, I tried incorporating a lot of the ASM2 chest spider's elements since I thought it flowed a lot nicer with the lines and the webbing :)

Z6xLu8z.jpg

Here's a long and overdue update!

http://i.imgur.com/JIG80CB.jpg

I really hope to see this pattern printed and sewn to get a better feel of it. I am making Ultimate Bagley Spidey pattern because, like you, I enjoy Bagley's interpretation of him.

Yknow, this pattern could serve as actually two Spider Man suits...
You could keep your front Spider and do an Ultimate suit, and you can also change the front Spider out and do a Todd Mcfarlane style Spider Man suit... they both look very similar!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back