Spardax's Complete MARK 7 ARMOR V.2

Spardax

After various assessments and troubles with my Mark 7 V.1, realized with cardboard and that you can see at this link, i decided to remake my preferite armor with plus materials at the same time: card + fiberglass + resin + cardboard + 3mm pvc sheet.
This decision was born after i noted with regret and anger that probably i made the cardoboard legs, chest and arms too customized on my body at the point that these pieces are a little tight.
This new version is named V.2 and this thread will be anriched with pics and videos of the new pieces.
Below a little form of my Mark 7 V.2 :)

MARK 7 V.2 REPLICA

OBJECTIVE

The objective is to realize a M7 replica as similar as possible to this action figure model:
IronManMarkVIIStatue.jpg

MATERIALS

Card, cardboard, fiberglass, resin, car filler, 3mm pvc sheet

3D MODELS AND UNFOLDED VERSION

NOTE: All pieces will be remake with 3D model allready existing, but every model will be customized by me during the progress.

HELMET V.2: Omarbou1 model (cardboard + pvc sheet + fiberglass)
HANDS: Zabana model (card + fiberglass)
HANDPLATE: Darkside501 (3 mm pvc sheed)
LOWER FOREARM: Darkside501 (cardboard + pvc sheet + fiberglass)
UPPER FOREARM: Jtm model (gaitron unfolded) or Darkside501 model (cardboard + pvc + fiberglass)
SHOULDER: Jtm model (pvc)
CHEST: Jtm model (gaitron unfolded)
NECK: Omarbou1 model
ABS: Jtm model (3mm pvc sheet)
COD: Jtm model (cardboard + pvc sheet + fiberglass)
THIGH: Omarbou1 model or Jtm model (cardboard + pvc sheet + fiberglass)
SHIN: Jtm model (cardboard + pvc sheet + fiberglass)
BOOTS: Zabana model (cardboard + pvc sheet + fiberglass)

FOLLOWED TUTORIAL:

1. The Hero Workshop - Stealth
2. Xrobots

PROGRESS

HELMET V.2: cardboard base done, resined, in progress
HANDS: cardboard base done, resined, in progress
HANDPLATE: ...
LOWER FOREARM: ...
UPPER FOREARM: ...
SHOULDER: Done!
CHEST: cardboard +pvc base done, resined, filled, in progress
NECK: Done!
ABS: pvc base done, in progress
COD: cardboard +pvc base done, resined, in progress
THIGH: ...
SHIN: ...
BOOTS: cardboard base done, in progress

I just started work with cod and abs, see these two pieces in the following video :)

IronManMarkVIIStatue.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
what did you use the pvc sheet for on the helmet + other parts just interested as im thinking of using the same on my next build

The next v.2 Helmet will has a new mechanical system for opening and closing of the back part, a rotation system of the back helmet. For this new system, that i'm studying and planning, i will use pvc.
Regard the other pieces, i don't have decided yet the part of these to make in pvc.:)

Up with new pics!
I start to fill the chest and to remake the neck. Also i used the old neck, made for the previous M7 cardboard model, as base to build on it the new neck with 3mm pvc sheet.

IMG-20141220-02243.jpg
IMG-20141226-02257.jpg
IMG-20141226-02258.jpg
IMG-20141226-02264.jpg
IMG-20141227-02265.jpg
IMG-20141227-02267.jpg
IMG-20141227-02270.jpg
IMG-20141227-02272.jpg
IMG-20141227-02279.jpg
IMG-20141227-02278.jpg

Beautiful...GM

Thank's man!!!:D

Yesterday I finished the neck and I wore it with my Mark 42/43 and Mark 7 v.1 Helmets.
Also, few weeks ago I made a new video to show you the progress of my armor.
A new video in which I will show the final neck and how to wear it coming soon.

IMG-20150301-02425.jpg
IMG-20150301-02428.jpg
IMG-20150301-02435.jpg
IMG-20150301-02436.jpg
IMG-20150301-02437.jpg
IMG-20150301-02438.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoulders done!
The front chest is done, now i work on the back and particularly on the propulsors and flaps. I'm correcting the shape of the propulsors because the first form is wrong from the real.
After the filling stage of the back chest, i will start the programming of the movement system with micro maestro and servos. At the same time i will start the new M7 helmet V.2 with the Omarbou1 model. Stay tuned :D

IMG-20150307-02449.jpg
IMG-20150314-02463.jpg
IMG-20150314-02467.jpg
IMG-20150314-02464.jpg
IMG-20150321-02476.jpg

this is looking amazing! will be following your work closely sir.
I've been very interested in building my own mark 7 for a while now, been studying the Kotobukiya figure too, be great if you can keep the proportions as close to the figure, i always find that a lot of the iron man builds(no matter how amazing the talent & work)are top heavy & very squat in the legs, so i can't wait to see how this turns out.

Last edited:
@Spardax - What are you using to cut all the pvc sheets? there very clean cuts - and I'm interested in perhaps doing this to rebuild my Hammerhead
Also how malleable does the pvc become if you use the heat gun on it

Any tips and tricks to it aswell?

DUDE! this is beautiful work! very impressed! cant wait to see the finished suit! i did my suit in cardstock/ cardboard as well. i didnt have the patience to spend all of my time on it... what colors are you going to use? IMG_1861.pngIMG_1853.jpgIMG_1881.jpg

@Spardax - What are you using to cut all the pvc sheets? there very clean cuts - and I'm interested in perhaps doing this to rebuild my Hammerhead
Also how malleable does the pvc become if you use the heat gun on it

Any tips and tricks to it aswell?

I cut pvc sheet with a simple cutter or with a dremel. Some time i use to heat the cutter blade, in this manner the blade sinks easily in pvc.

DUDE! this is beautiful work! very impressed! cant wait to see the finished suit! i did my suit in cardstock/ cardboard as well. i didnt have the patience to spend all of my time on it... what colors are you going to use? View attachment 462304View attachment 462305View attachment 462306

Even if it was made only with cardstock, your Mk7 have a good appearance :thumbsup I'm going to use Makota red ruby (RAL) spry.

this is looking amazing! will be following your work closely sir.
I've been very interested in building my own mark 7 for a while now, been studying the Kotobukiya figure too, be great if you can keep the proportions as close to the figure, i always find that a lot of the iron man builds(no matter how amazing the talent & work)are top heavy & very squat in the legs, so i can't wait to see how this turns out.

Thank's man! I quote you. heavy on the top and very squat in the leg is a common problem. I think this occurs because there are inperfections in the body of the users that request different mesures between the various pieces.:)

New helmet up!
IMG-20150411-02506.jpg

Last edited:
Mark 7 is one of my favorite armors! A lot of people dislike it cause it's bulky but it's armed to the teeth haha. Good job on this, very clean work, I'll be keeping an eye out on this one for sure.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back