The Punisher (Rucka/Checchetto version) Added Cole Alves pg 3

PunisherNC

Sr Member
New project for Heroes-Con in 2 weeks.

After suiting up as Cap and Rick Grimes for a few cons, wanted to go back to my roots for this one. Love the new Punisher series by Greg Rucka and Marco Checchetto, so I took inspiration from their look of the character:
omega.jpg

Daredevil-Delivers-a-Baby.jpg

I bought a real bullet proof vest that I really liked the look of, strapped on my tanker boots, leg holsters, stretchy undershirt, and other accessories... even bandaged up my face to see how it'd all look together:
Untitled.jpg

After that I sprayed (Krylon fusion) on the Checchetto skull design, love how unclean the lines are:

2012-06-04_20-17-17_394.jpg

After putting it on, I realize the skull is a tad askew, so I want to actually battle damage the vest to disguise that.
Untitled1.jpg

2012-06-04_20-18-45_28-1.jpg

I want to make it look like the vest took a shotgun blast to the upper left corner of the skull, and part of the eye, and the bottom right cheek area. Is it crazy to even take this thing out and actually blast it with a shotgun, or is there a better, more controlled way of doing this?

I'm also going to shred one of the sleeves to the undershirt and tear up the pants a bit. I want to make it look like Frank's had a very productive night, blood, bandages, you name it, lol. I'm also growing out the beard.

I did want opinions of no undershirt vs having an undershirt... personally I like the sleeves. But some prefer no sleeves?
2012-06-04_20-16-11_69.jpg

Thanks in advance for any/all critiques and advice

Last edited:
Re: The Punisher (Rucka/Checchetto version)

Undershirt all the way dude...Will you be adding some patches of fabric to match the lines in the comic? I know it's all black, but it does show some intricate details. Look great either way.

And if you blasted it with a shotgun...I would need to see video:lol

With this undershirt I probably wont add the pipping, but I plan on ordering a 2nd undershirt and will do exactly that

I will definitely take video of me shooting the vest, unless I can get around it, lol. I might try shooting it with one of my rifles first, you know, just in case it makes better holes. Mortified the shotgun will completely destroy the vest, lol

Nice paint job on the skull, it looks spot on. I think this version of Frank is by far my favorite!

Man, can I just say...I love your builds! This one is awesome as the Cap's and your other Punishers.

Curious, though, why'd you put the bandages on the opposite side than the comic? I think I'm missing something here...

Thanks, guys.. Just playing with the bandages. Far from the final product. Weathered the vest some.. May put two more "bullet holes" in it.. One in the right side, one in the upper left shoulder. Then I need to distress the rest of the suit
516380bf.jpg

Thank you for all the kind words, guys

Looks A-ma-Zing! The skull design is spot-on … did you create a stencil for the paint job?
Also, what is your T-shirt source? I think adding the comic detail to your "base" shirt would be perfect.
Watching this with great interest!

Gotcha on the bandages. That's kind of what I figured, but thought I'd ask.

And, this is so awesome. What'd you use to put the bullet holes in it? :)

Whoa, n i c e work! I love the punisher, one of my go-to costumes. This, however is greater than anything i put together. My meager input is this: I would not add any more detail around the skull - its a powerful art piece, don't distract from it...

You are a natural punisher, I do not know if "less is more"...

Thanks, guys... Here's a close up of the skull:
ed84c6f0b11411e1aebc1231381b647a_7.jpg

I actually just cut very small holes with scissors, the used matches to burn the shape, etc I wanted. Then added powder to dirty up the bullet hole marks. I added two more shots (one in the lower right side panel and one in the upper left shoulder). I'll try and put everything, minus the bandages, on tonight to give everyone a good look.

WOW dude...this is amazing...so simple, yet so much work! you do this character complete justice!

PunNC - for shotgun/buckshot speckling on a woven fabric type you would take a very small seam ripper of very small knife point and just cut a few small threads at the origin of each pellet you want, or you can use a very small drill bit. This technique is easiest on denim, as you just run it through the wash and dry right after and it frays all the holes quickly, but for this ballistic fabric type you my need to still use the small burn technique at each pellet hole, that could be done easily heating up a small metal rob with any type of little butane torch and getting in that hole.

Great job as usual on it as is though!

Depending on how much scoring, try drilling a hole and use a "lady finger" firecracker. You get powder burns and fraying at the same time.
I used that effect on a ceiling tile to simulate the after effects of a shotgun blast.

Nice... Great ideas. I'll put them to good use. Here are some updated photos. Still 2 weeks out from the Con

photobucket-14064-1339362597374.jpg

bfb20690.jpg

1f32e78e.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back