My Captain America TFA helmet- *UPDATE* SSR plaque/helmet stand

MandoMan531

Hey guys, a couple weeks ago I got my cast from Roblenzz, shortly after I repainted it a slightly darker blue and began experimenting with the white parts. Ended up getting the A to where I liked it, the wings aren't perfect but it's the best I can do at the moment. I also started doing the battle damage. I'm going to try to do new leather as I'm not 100% happy with it.

7b315156.jpg

e1e49a41.jpg

b18e600c.jpg

I really like the buckle that was provided!
2a6fda44.jpg

Also started working an a display stand for the finished helmet, here's what I have so far. The eagle and rings will be raised. The thin rings will be hard, so I may end up going without them. For the text I'm thinking a vinyl decal or something like laser cut/engraved Aluminum or plastic.
c83fd0c1.jpg

Let me know what ya think!

Last edited:
Re: My Captain America TFA helmet

Mondo,

The leather looks good for a first go. Are you going to include the 5 silver pins/nails on the next one?

That stand is going to look really good when finished. Had to take a second look to see that it was paper.

I didn't do the leather work. I'm going to attempt to use this leather to make a pattern and do my own, the "ear ring" will be more raised and it will have the steel studs. I'm just not 100% on the leather as it stands, the main reason beig that it doesn't line up with my chin, as if it's made for someone with a longer face. I want to make the stitching a bit more accurate as well.

More on the stand. Not sure if I'll try to add the thinner rings or not. Still not sure how I'll do the text. I'd like to have aluminum plates with the letters engraved as I'd like to mold this so I can do it in cold cast brass or something.
3778a8b2.jpg

46cd8c94.jpg

That stand is awesome. I was thinking about making something similar for displaying mine. Great work!

Very nice progress. The stand is looking great so far and I am anticipating the new leather work.

Almost have the SSR logo plaque/helmet stand done. The finish isn't perfect, and i didnt want it to be. I'll be molding and casting the stand in brass or bronze cold cast, haven't decided yet. Pics are before and after the first coat of gloss black. The sun was starting to go down so the pics aren't the best :/

0BEFCFCA-05FD-4EFC-877D-4568A6287C02-2138-000004E9425DE8F9.jpg

3E76A448-9CA1-4E02-9F23-737FF44E4B0C-2138-000004E94809EA3A.jpg

F1C19B80-2796-4DDB-B84E-E7475660A545-2138-000004E94E238181.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back