Marvel Now "The Punisher" Gerads-version **UPDATED 6/11/2015, shooting begins**

PunisherNC

Sr Member
Being the Punisher fanatic that I am, I couldn't help but try and tackle this Marvel Now Punisher suit based on the design by Mitch Gerads. Unfortunately I chopped all of my hair off due to this insane North Carolina heat but it'll grow back in time for D*C.

I'm still waiting for my armored gloves, compression shirt, and mask. Lastly, I got to create the proper 3D skull. Shy of that, this suit is ready to roll:

if anyone has any ideas critiques, please let me know

thanks for looking

Last edited:
Re: Marvel Now "The Punisher" costume (Gerads version)

Are going to make the shoulder and bicep armor as well?

Awesome!! Looking good, my friend.

What are you planning on making the skull out of?

Hoping to have it 3d printed about 1/4" thick..then cast them up in latex or resin

Thanks, bud..got some work to do on a Magneto helmet first but I'm going to try and give the skull a go tonight on something a bit more substantial :)

The suit is still a long way from being completed...but felt compelled to take it for a spin at Heroes-Con this weekend:
Here's one of Mitch Gerads and myself...I got him to sign the back of the skull:

My wife (Ultimate Wasp) and myself:

Hoping the mask will be in this week along with the compression shirt

Nice work man... in those first set of pics you look badass with the flowers on the back wall ;)

Cant wait to see the finished piece and the punisher mask

Kickass magneto helmet as well!

Cool thread!

I'm working on doing this version of the Punisher myself; gonna do a short sleeve version with no balaclava, and a long-sleeve (armored) version with the balaclava.

I've gathered all of the gear (I'll post pics soon), but I'm trying to come up with a practical way to make the Skull for the vest.

The skull is placed on the velcro portion of a molle plate carrier, so I was thinking if it were real, it might be large patch or pvc patch.

I might just create the skull using some foam wrapped in nylon cordura as I want the material to be semi-mil-spec and not get destroyed from using a single point sling on my M4.

If you end up doing the 3D printed skull, let me know how it turns out.

Hey, man... looking quite forward to seeing your build. Please link the thread here if you post one..or feel free to drop pics here.
I opted for a cheaper route on the skull. Plastic... so far its painted to give it more texture. I'm going to add some blood and grime.. let's face it, is the Punisher ever clean? Not in this line of work.

I agree what you said though..that's the best thing about this costume... can use the short sleeved-version or go full on mask and long sleeves. I still need to build the shoulder/arm armor, but here's where I'm at thus far.
]

Re: Marvel Now "The Punisher" costume (Gerads version) MASK ADDED!

Awesome build!

Where did you get your balaclava? Did you make a stencil and spray paint it or use some kind of fabric paint for the skull?

Would you mind posting a couple of detailed pics of your skull or provide some information on the type of plastic you used?

Thanks.

The balaclava is just a simple zen tai spandex mask. I just taped off the skull and hand painted it with puffy paint.

as for the plastic on the chest? I bought a $5 white trash can from Wal-Mart, free handed the skull on it.. Dremelled it out.. Backed it with Velcro, glued a vinyl strip at the top, and voila!

This is looking awesome!

The balaclava is just a simple zen tai spandex mask. I just taped off the skull and hand painted it with puffy paint.

as for the plastic on the chest? I bought a $5 white trash can from Wal-Mart, free handed the skull on it.. Dremelled it out.. Backed it with Velcro, glued a vinyl strip at the top, and voila!

I love how inventive these suggestions are! Nice work!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back