Just received my Museum Replicas Arc Reactor and it doesn't light up

Jediwannabe

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Total bummer. The batter pack seems like it might have been poorly designed. AA batteries fit very tightly and I think they're not making proper contact.

Are you using rechargeable batteries? I ran into the same problem with mine. Turns out the rechargeable ones are just a smidge too big to let the little cap close off correctly.

Pain in the ass to get out as well.

One quick trip to the dollar store fixed me up though :)

Chris

I am actually just using regular disposable AA Duracell Coppertops. I bought a huge pack last week. They're also having the same problem with being too tight for the chamber. I was thinking that they might not be making contact on either end. Frustrating when you get a new toy and it doesn't work.:(

The other problem is that the cover is too small. I am unable to keep the wire attached and fit the cover on.

dcy45j.jpg

xt6vk.jpg

I don't know if you can beat $150. The price is great. Sideshow will replace this. I hope the replacement works.

you have a point there, but then again, strange things do happen, like when i picked up a loose MR Sidious LE for $80.

Total bummer. The battery pack seems like it might have been poorly designed. AA batteries fit very tightly and I think they're not making proper contact.

Just got mine today. Opened it and installed the batteries with some trepidation, given what I'd already read here. Pressed the switch and... nothing. Damn! So, I looked a bit more carefully and luckily it was an easy fix. As you noticed, the batteries are squeezed pretty tight by the sides of the holder. If you really push them in when you install them, the two batteries with the negative poles inserted first will compress the springs and stay down, so that the positive poles won't make contact when you put the cap on. So just remove the batteries, use a needlenose pliers to reach in and stretch the springs a bit, then reinstall the batteries without pushing them down all the way. Should then work fine.

You're also right that the acrylic case cover can't be slipped over it with the wire properly attached. Still looks great though if don't generally use acrylic covers over your props, like me.

I was more concerned that I either wouldn't be able to remove that 'Proof that Tony Stark has a heart' ring, or that it would look bad with it off. (I'd rather just display the arc reactor itself.) Turned out to be easily removed and the piece still looks great without it.

Actually, a few design flaws aside, it's a pretty nice prop for the money. And its bright. Did anyone mention that? Yes, very bright!

IronManArcReactorSSC.jpg
IronManArcReactorSSCb.jpg

Yesterday I received my replacement Arc Reactor. Can you see something wrong with it? I'll give you a hint. "Has A Heart".

ih6qnq.jpg

9s544g.jpg

The engraving machine must have not been properly aligned with this piece and as a result I am missing the bottom of the letters A and S in HAS. The photo doesn't show it but most of the bottom letters are not engraved at all. The paint looks like it is just stamped on the metal.

Yesterday I received my replacement Arc Reactor. Can you see something wrong with it? I'll give you a hint. "Has A Heart".

Man, you have had just the worst luck with this prop! I hate it when that happens (all too often). The ring is easy to remove; maybe you can just send that piece back for a replacement?

ih6qnq.jpg

9s544g.jpg

The engraving machine must have not been properly aligned with this piece and as a result I am missing the bottom of the letters A and S in HAS. The photo doesn't show it but most of the bottom letters are not engraved at all. The paint looks like it is just stamped on the metal.

That is simply appauling. Where is the quality control?:thumbsdown

It is a very nice prop for the money but, yes, there seems to be little quality control. I experienced a similar situation when I bought the Mark II metal helmet. First, they sent me one helmet with a dent and then the replacement they sent was damaged worse than the first one.

Regarding the battery installation, I am a 40 year old, college educated, (dare I say) successful man. I find it difficult to accept that installing batteries should require anything more than an icon denoting the direction the positive and negative need to go. Finding the sweet spot so that four AA batteries can make proper contact in a compartment that barely fits the intended power supply is clearly a flaw.

I guess that's why I don't waste my money on MR items...out for the money and not quality..come to think of it , that's why i don't buy new toys either..:)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back