Iron Man MK6 helmet build.

MandoMan531

Hey guys, been a member for awhile but never posted any projects of mine. I've been workin on this for a few weeks on and off and figured I'd post it up and see what you guys think. I have a few issues and am contemplating starting over and would like some opinions. First off I used Sharks newer version .pdo file, had a hard time folding the eyes and some of the panel lines. I resumed it inside and out and then used some rondo to stiffen it up, I believe the heat from the rondo is what warped some spots a bit. I'm attemption to work on each of the 3 pieces individually rather than cut it all apart later. Anyway, on to pics for now.

Finished pep
4bd0f1dd.jpg

Next to the Mark1 I might start next.
3dfe93f3.jpg

Resined and rondo'd with a coat of primer. The pieces are just resting together.
7463f5f9.jpg

After some bond work on the faceplate this is where I stand.
ec18f1c2.jpg

I think the face and jaw are pretty good but the crown gave me some troubles. The forehead vent sagged a bit and the left side of the head doesn't have to proper Convex curve front to back. I think I can fix it but I have a feeling it's gonna give me problems with the ear caps. Anyways let me know what you guys think!

Quick question. How do you guys get the sharp edges back? Like the temples and cheeks? One cheek got a bit rounded and I want to sharpen it up a bit. I have a plan but wanted to check in with you guys that have made them for ideas. Thanks!

Quick question. How do you guys get the sharp edges back? Like the temples and cheeks? One cheek got a bit rounded and I want to sharpen it up a bit. I have a plan but wanted to check in with you guys that have made them for ideas. Thanks!

needle files, sandpaper on a popsicle stick etc.

Thank you, thank you. I know Iron Man is a bit played out, so I'm glad you all took the time to stop in and comment. Thanks guys.

Working on it as we speak. The hardest part is to come, the "helmet" part. It turned out the worst of the 3 pieces after resin. Ugh.

Hot glued the back of the helmet on so it would hold shape until I reinforce it. This is what I have to work with. It's not TOO bad, but the left side of the head needs to be totally rehaped.

83cd0c20.jpg

07b82967.jpg

be619a56.jpg

9e4c88d3.jpg

741a5ef4.jpg

Gonna be trying to finish this up tonight and on my day off tomorrow. Anxious to get to the molding process. Looking like this is the plan...

Smooth and shape the crown, get all the joining edges smoothed out and tighten the seams, get the eye sockets squared away, cut the panel lines and holes for the bolts/ports and it should be molding time.

Finished reinforcing the helmet and pulled it back apart and Started smoothing the top.

Started putting this together in the meantime.
6d2b64f3.jpg

Man you got some patience! I did the same helmet as you...I bombed it lol. Some folds are just like nearly impossible to do, well for me anyways haha -.-' keep up the good work.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back