Well thought I would show off how my own Iron man project is coming along. Geting there and starting to look like something at long last. Going to shoot for getting some paint on the completed parts next week.
No where near the quality of the TMP armor, in fact if you look at the photos you will see I used some pictures of TMPs armor early on to get an idea on what the hell I wanted to do. The suit is cast in fiberglass and ruber. All areas you see on the gold body suit will be covered in ruber sections, note the abb area and neck seal. The only kind of neat thing is that the suit will have 1 functional arm. Will have a compartment on the back of the right forearm that will raise up to look like it is shooting off a missle. Just a static prop non functional. Think a real missle would land me in jail so ...LOL ! Note, no it does not fly.
The electronics for raising the missle platform are only 1 way, so once the arm opens up it has to be closed manualy to relatch and rearm the misle to raise again. I could not get enough juice or space in the arm for another set of switchs. As is I have to add power from the central battery pack on my chest. This powers the central light, voice amp ( not pictured) and will also power the light scource for my helmets eyes. Each hand will have a light ( repulser ) built into the hand part of the gauntlet. I am sure therewas an easier way to do this, but was the only way I could think to do it, plus I had most of the materials on hand.
The arm structure with the missle will be fitted into the forearm after it has been painted up. The red rigs at my elbow area, is similar to what I am using for open areas on the inside and back of arm and the same for the legs. It is also the color of what the armor will be, or very close to it. The power cable running down my arm will be hidden in the arm and chest, only visable under the arm pit. Each arm will have 3 power cables, but only the right arm will be for functionality, the rest as finnishing touches. The chest light, battery and voice amp will be enclsed into the back of the chest armor.
For anyone looking at the helmet and recognising it, that is a "Weaslflinger" helm, from off the boards here. Was not up to the task of trying to fabricate the helmet at this point. The gent helping me on this project may tackle that at some point.
Note the groin & butt armor is still being made up, as is the finishing stages of the hand Gauntlets. The legs and feet are about 90 % complete.
Hope you like some of the pictures. Note I added a few still from the movie for example of the arm structure
Special thanks to TMP. Had I not saw his photos on line, and seeing that it was possible to do this, this project would never have been attempted. Also had Weaslflinger not made such fantastic helmets I also dont know if this would have happend. So I take my hat off to both these 2 guys as a huge inspiration to get this project off the ground. Thank you Gents.
Let me know what you think RPF'ers
EDIT: the rope around my middle is just to keep the ruber section in place to check the fitting. Also the suit is in primer only, not the paint color