Iron Man 2 - My first Iron Man costume (mark VII or 7)

IronWarrior777

This is my first attempt to a Iron Man Mark VII Costume, It was a cheap budget one but, I tried my best. Please Give me constructive criticism, I want to eventually make really good costumes and props. Thanks!

Not bad for cardboard but I think you should do the plastic "trash can" version. Also making the paint lines straight can go a looooong way to make this suit cleaner looking. Keep up the good work though!

a small budget doesn't have to be bad, you should work templated if you're working with cardboard, i dindt once and it came out unsymetrical, while it should have been

Diddo on the templates. You can whip up simple ones in MS paint, thats how I did my Batman returns abb plates out of foamies.

My advice would be to just do the best you can with what you have, and have fun with it. I agree with punky859 though, Pepakura is definitely the way to go. The program is free, most if not all of the files are free, and a pack of 110LB. cardstock (150 sheets) is like 5 or 6 bucks and a low heat glue gun is like $2.47 at wally world. Get some glue sticks and an exacto knife and you are ready to rock. Really great job with what you have got done. Keep it coming!

Eh, pepakura is fun but I say there's just something really fun and creative about scratch building, I wish I had the materials I want to scratch build with.
quick advice thang......use pepakura.......ps sharkhead has anyone made the mark IV or VI pepakura armour yet?
Yes sir, someone here named robo and I are each modeling them. Since the Mark IV and VI are the same suit except the chest piece, we're making each of the chest pieces so you can choose which one to make, or both so you can switch them out and have both suits. :)
Robo has a thread for his and I'm making a thread for mine today.

Last edited:
I would recommend that triangular arc reactor toy (the toy is called an arc light) and then adding correct leds. It will probably fit better in the triangular chest opening you have cut.

Thanks, This summer I am plan to remake the mark 6, create a mark 5, and make a war machine costume. So on the Mark 6 I will use the triangle arc reactor that you mentioned.

This is my first attempt to a Iron Man Mark VII Costume, It was a cheap budget one but, I tried my best. Please Give me constructive criticism, I want to eventually make really good costumes and props. Thanks!

Nice cardboard costume I'm new to the costume building & I'm trying to get some ideas for the family. This thread has been really helpful. Looking forward to all the help and advice I can get.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back