GOTG Star-lord build

Talsiri

Going to try my best at actually documenting one of my buildd for once as I sadly have the habbit of posting start pictures and a few weeks later fully finished pictures heh.

Currently working on a helmet but no pics on my phone so I'll have those up soon, but I do have this as a great start for parts :)
1900087_10153899060030055_1380511416_n.jpg

Helmet is almost ready for a test fit. To make it fit close to the head (like in all pics I've seen) I have made it a two piece helmet that will close with clips or magnets, more on that once I get more pics together as I also believe the movie helmet is a two piece :)

Looking at your thread I ordered from the same place you were looking at, Guardians of the Galaxy Chris Pratt Jacket as Peter Quill / Star-Lord

I got the large size and fits me great. I'm 6ft 4in weigh roughly 210lbs 42 in chest with 25.5ish inch long arms.

Quality is great, took about 10-12 days to receive, Came from Pakistan.

I'm about 5'6", at 200 lbs (working out and lost 12 lbs in two months, Yay me. lol), and my chest is right at the border of 45.5". I have other leather jackets (Not Cosplay) that are XL, and I'm just at the point where I'm having too much room in them.

Is there a bit of room to move around in your jacket? The site mentions the L is good for a person up to 46" chest. I plan on being around 180 when The movie comes out, but the chest will likely remain about the same.

Their chart is definitely wrong, if you go to it it also says a large has 24" sleeves I think but when I emailed them they told me the large actually has 26" sleeves (which it does). It's a rather tight fit in the chest with just a smidge if wiggle room for me.

Their chart is definitely wrong, if you go to it it also says a large has 24" sleeves I think but when I emailed them they told me the large actually has 26" sleeves (which it does). It's a rather tight fit in the chest with just a smidge if wiggle room for me.

Awesome. :( All that work and I'm still an XL. lol

Thanks for all your help with the sizing. I think I'll get the XL then and have it tailored from there. I'm glad that you had a good experience ordering from them, and I hope I can say the same. There's a thread around here somewhere about ordering from them, and it could use with some responses.

I'm really excited to see what you're doing with the helmet. I haven't seen mine yet, but it's half way here.

Awesome. :( All that work and I'm still an XL. lol

Thanks for all your help with the sizing. I think I'll get the XL then and have it tailored from there. I'm glad that you had a good experience ordering from them, and I hope I can say the same. There's a thread around here somewhere about ordering from them, and it could use with some responses.

I'm really excited to see what you're doing with the helmet. I haven't seen mine yet, but it's half way here.

Also make sure you order with enough time to air it out, because mine has a weird animal smell to it (almost like elephant/camel enclosures at zoo's)

Also make sure you order with enough time to air it out, because mine has a weird animal smell to it (almost like elephant/camel enclosures at zoo's)

On a discrete area try some leather protectant on it to be sure it won't stain, but it should help with the smell.

Wish I was that lucky, I almost got that lucky a flea market. It was the fm/am version though and the batteries had corroded like crazy.

Got helmet photo's but my phone won't let me copy paste the link I guess. Will post them tomorrow :) along with some nice shots of a gemstone in got from davy :)

Still building my blasters up doing them in halves to allow for easy Electronics install

I still don't know what I'll do for the blasters. I suppose I'd like to add lights and maybe even sound to them, but I haven't even started thinking about it yet.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back