Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Moonriser RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Shadow
    May 11, 2012, 10:16 PM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #101

Looks like I have some researching to do!
    topherhunter said: View Post
    Ok, I have a friend who can do the soft parts of the final uniform for me, if I can locate the right fabrics, pipings, etc. If it comes out well, she may be willing to do a run (no promises on pricing though!).

So, any new thoughts on sourcing?
  2. Moonriser RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Shadow
    May 11, 2012, 10:20 PM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #102

For the folks doing the Hawkeye SHIELD uniform, Clint carries a H&K P30. They just so happen to make a decent airsoft version. This one is the electric version, personally I'd rock the springer, it has a metal slide.
  3. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    From
    Warsaw, IN
    May 12, 2012, 7:18 AM - The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" V1 Costume Thread (EDITED) #103

For the 'V1' black uniform, my shopping list is (edited 5/28/12):

HK p30 (airsoft)
    Safariland 6004 thigh shroud
    Blackhawk CQC holster (drill new holes in the shroud and screw directly to the holster)
    Blackhawk HPU performance vest (rip off the Velcro strips, alter the collar)
    Tight, very short sleeved black t-shirt
    Bianchi 7210 belt (or 8100?)
    Black Crye G3 pants (ideal) or Emerson Gen2 (close) pants
    Black Crye AirFlex (ideal) or G3-style (close) kneepads
    Black tactical boots tba, until we find the right ones
    Bow tba, pending a buildup by someone here

For the V0 jacket, the Blackhawk Ops Jacket (pull off the brand logos) and a patch from graphicjordan or similar. Glue it on with Goop Outdoor or Amazing Goop adhesive (I then put a few stitches around the edge to reinforce).
    Last edited by topherhunter; May 28, 2012 at 6:29 AM.
  4. Moonriser RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Shadow
    May 12, 2012, 9:32 AM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #104

I do like the jacket. I'm trying to find a bigger/better picture
  5. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    From
    Warsaw, IN
    May 12, 2012, 9:41 AM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #105

Crud! I think I was wrong on the pistol. The silver topside ejector port is wrong for the p30. However the port and the wedge sight are dead on for the Sig Sauer p226 Classic 22. Anybody else have a better picture from the opening scene?
    Last edited by topherhunter; May 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
    From
    Southampton
    May 12, 2012, 10:34 AM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #106

Dorian Gray said: View Post
    For the folks doing the Hawkeye SHIELD uniform, Clint carries a H&K P30. They just so happen to make a decent airsoft version. This one is the electric version, personally I'd rock the springer, it has a metal slide.
    I'll have to paint mine they only sell transparent ones in the UK retail.
  7. Moonriser RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Shadow
    May 12, 2012, 11:04 AM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #107

Nah I think you're right about the P30, despite the silver ejection port. Let's face it for the gun enthusits we know that there are a hundred different versions/models/variations of one type of gun. I owned a Walther P99 with a silver ejection port which they don't typically have. Also according to imfdb.org says its a P30 Avengers, The (2012) - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database
  8. Moonriser RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Shadow
    May 12, 2012, 11:07 AM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #108

Oh shoot a little primer and a satin black spray it'll look spot on. Heck you can add a little silver on the edges to show wear!

predpaul said: View Post
    I'll have to paint mine they only sell transparent ones in the UK retail.
    From
    Manchester, UK
    May 12, 2012, 1:19 PM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #109

Oh shoot a little primer and a satin black spray it'll look spot on. Heck you can add a little silver on the edges to show wear!
    Pretty much what I had to do. I picked up one a while ago which was bright orange, so it got painted up ASAP :P
  10. Moonriser RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Shadow
    May 12, 2012, 1:49 PM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #110

Here is a bigger shot of the belt. I'm working on trying to find the correct buckle

*Update: It appears to be Bianchi PatrolTek 8100
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HKEbeltgun.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	406.5 KB 
ID:	94330  
    Last edited by Sundowner; May 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM.
  11. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    May 12, 2012, 4:55 PM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #111

So is Hawkeye's black tac quiver something that was made for the movie or can we purchase that as well? Also, I cant find good res pics of the black tac quiver. Can anybody find pics to post?
  12. Member Since
    Jun 2010
    May 12, 2012, 6:22 PM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #112

i guarantee you have to make one. no real quiver is round. i'd put some servos in it to rotate it around and put the wireless transmitter in the bow. lol
  13. Moonriser RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Shadow
    May 12, 2012, 6:42 PM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #113

Does he use a different quiver with his V1 costume? I honestly don't remember.
    jadedzen said: View Post
    So is Hawkeye's black tac quiver something that was made for the movie or can we purchase that as well? Also, I cant find good res pics of the black tac quiver. Can anybody find pics to post?
    His Avengers costume has a quiver that was completely created with a CNC
    brimst0ne13 said: View Post
    i guarantee you have to make one. no real quiver is round. i'd put some servos in it to rotate it around and put the wireless transmitter in the bow. lol
  14. RPF Premium Member Sandman0077's Avatar
    From
    Ocean Springs, Mississippi
    May 12, 2012, 6:59 PM - #114

It looked like it was just a simple cloth quiver for that outfit. I only noticed bc i watched it for the first time last night and was expecting to see the fancy quiver right away but it wasn't until later that it comes into play.

Does he use a different quiver with his V1 costume? I honestly don't remember.
    From
    NYC, USA
    May 12, 2012, 8:02 PM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #115

Anybody have any leads on the jacket?
    From
    Philadelphia
    May 13, 2012, 9:06 PM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #116

I do like the jacket. I'm trying to find a bigger/better picture
    Probably custom tailored, but there are a number of soft shell jackets that could stand in it's place. Vertx (Arc'teryx), Condor, TAD, all make similar designs.

These are the two I have experience with:

Condor Phantom -

This one runs at about 80 bucks.

Vertx Soft Shell -

This one is about 300. I have this one, it's made by Arc'teryx and branded under Vertx, and slightly cheaper then Arc'teryx's normal price range. The quality is outstanding, and blows the Condor out of the water, which is expected. The Condor I have isn't the Phantom, but a slightly older version (The Summit). For 80 dollars you can't do wrong with it. It's probably the cheapest functional soft shell on the market.

Those two are the closest I've seen. Look at REI and TAD GEAR too. I'm sure they have similar stuff.
    Last edited by KALASH69; May 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM.
  17. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    May 13, 2012, 10:21 PM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #117

The pants are G3 but has anyone found a cheaper substitute? Maybe just a straight black BDU? Modified with a "pocket" for the knee pads: Or are there bigger differences between the G3 and BDUs?
    From
    Philadelphia
    May 14, 2012, 1:38 AM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #118

There are a lot of differences between the Crye G3 type uniform and standard BDU's. Normal BDU's won't cut it. The best I've seen are knock-offs from ebaybanned. There are these which are about as close as we're going to get. That, plus a set of the G3 style knee-pad inserts should do the trick.
    Last edited by KALASH69; May 14, 2012 at 1:43 AM.
  19. Moonriser RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Shadow
    May 14, 2012, 7:24 AM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #119

Those look pretty good. I'm going to get pretty close but not crazy. This get up will double for my paintball/airsoft gear. Not including the bow I put myself at a $100 cap for the V1 costume, which is very "do able".
  20. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    From
    Warsaw, IN
    May 14, 2012, 9:58 AM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #120

Anybody ID'ed the boots?

I'm still waffling on the pistol, but after examining my p30, I think we can get a match by painting the ejector port. Might still not be 100%, but it'll be damned close.
  21. Member Since
    Jan 2003
    May 14, 2012, 12:27 PM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #121

The boots on the black costume look like work boots with a glue on Vibram sole.
  22. Member Since
    May 2012
    From
    Maryland
    May 14, 2012, 2:58 PM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #122

Does anyone know where or how I could get the Shield symbol on Hawkeye's movie custom? Is there an easy way to make it?
  23. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    From
    Warsaw, IN
    May 14, 2012, 3:09 PM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #123

The shield logo is being made; there's another thread on RPF (though I can't locate it just this second). Email graphicjordan@gmail.com.

How do these look for the V1 gloves?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tactical-Fingerless-Rappelling-Gloves.gif 
Views:	118 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	94534  
    From
    NYC, USA
    May 15, 2012, 3:01 AM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #124

KALASH69 said: View Post
    Probably custom tailored, but there are a number of soft shell jackets that could stand in it's place. Vertx (Arc'teryx), Condor, TAD, all make similar designs.

These are the two I have experience with:

Condor Phantom -

This one runs at about 80 bucks.

Vertx Soft Shell -

This one is about 300. I have this one, it's made by Arc'teryx and branded under Vertx, and slightly cheaper then Arc'teryx's normal price range. The quality is outstanding, and blows the Condor out of the water, which is expected. The Condor I have isn't the Phantom, but a slightly older version (The Summit). For 80 dollars you can't do wrong with it. It's probably the cheapest functional soft shell on the market.

Those two are the closest I've seen. Look at REI and TAD GEAR too. I'm sure they have similar stuff.
    Thanks, man!
    From
    Southwest, NM
    May 15, 2012, 8:31 AM - Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread #125

Update on the Highlander boots; I would completely agree that they are NOT the base boot, the only 100% match is the sole. The only wayI see it being possible is for the costume group to have completely ripped them apart and re-assembled them adding the gaiters.

Also, found a fabric that color matches the red on the vest; alternating red-blue/purple, however, the weave is smaller than the screen used fabric, more as I have time.