Darkseid's Iron Man Mark II Real Chrome Armor showcase UPDATED 28/01/12(page 3)

darkseid

Hi guys. I have been watching this site and the incredible builts that you showcase and i must say the the site and the people here rock!!! I decided to create an iron man Mark II Armor Showcase with parts bought and created by me as i have done with my batman costume before.

I started creating some parts wih pepakura and i bought the helmet and the chest.

I want to really thank Tribal for giving me the opportunity to own one of his first casts of his incredible armor. The chest is made with vac form plastic and the detail is really incredible.Even the raw cast is quite finished.Here are some pics

photo2gl.jpg

photo3du.jpg

photo4c.jpg

photo5zp.jpg

What i didn't know is that the plastic can be sanded.:eek. So all the ripple effects due to the vac form can be eliminated without any bondo. The above pictures showcase the chest without any bondo. The reason why i am not using any bondo on the chest is because i will have it chromed with chemical baths and i want a perfect result:love.

The helmet was bought from ebay (gordyfett seller) and it was later on chromed.The first pic is from the batlle damaged helmet as i didn't take any of my own before chroming it

photohelmet.jpg

And chromed:rolleyes

photo1wvg.jpg

photo2fzc.jpg

I will be posting updates for the progress .Right now i have given the chest for chroming...

Thanks for bearing with me...

Darkseid

UPDATES 03/12/10

Hi guys.Here are some updates with the progress.Hope you like it:lol

Helmet with electrolumi eyes

helmeteye.jpg

helmeteye2.jpg

Chest chromed with arc reactor

chromechest.jpg

chromechest2.jpg

Next big step for me are the arms...

See ya....and thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Darkseid's Iron Man Mark II Armor showcase

That chrome looks awesome! Where did you get it done?

I agree, it does look realy good! And likewise, I'd also like to know where/how you got it done! :D

looks awesome. but did you know that you are using the Mark 3 chest with the Mark 4 and 6 arms?

hahaha finhead. :)

The chrome does look good, gotta give him that.

I'm confused a little bit though.. You have a mk 2/3 chest piece with mk 4/6 arms. 1 mk 3 shoulder bell, and a handplate in place of the left shoulder bell. Where exactly are you going with this build?

hi guys.The chrome was done by an expert who specialiazes in plastic chroming and nickel.The procedure is very difficult and the final result can be from gruesome:sick to fantastic:love. The chroming was done here in Greece(ATHENS). I don't know if he accepts abroad commissions i will ask him.So that you know the price isn't calculated until it is finished.Mine took around 2 weeks of chemical baths and a lot of trial and error by the expert (the whole helmet was full of bubbles) and it cost 200Euros.Now... on to the chest which is more difficult. I estimate it will cost around 500 euros or otherwise the chest will melt in the ovens:eek

hahaha finhead. :)

The chrome does look good, gotta give him that.

I'm confused a little bit though.. You have a mk 2/3 chest piece with mk 4/6 arms. 1 mk 3 shoulder bell, and a handplate in place of the left shoulder bell. Where exactly are you going with this build?

Hi.You are right about the parts:lol.I had put all the pieces on the dummy just not to have them lying around.I might go with the mark 4/6 arms as i find them more physically correct along the chest mk 2/3. I have the other parts as well.Will see...:rolleyes

Re: Darkseid's Iron Man Mark II Armor showcase UPDATED 03/12/10

Looking very good :D

Thanks TMP.Your awesome suit(The best there is in my opinion) is one of the reasons i decided to start this project.Thanks again:rolleyes it means alot coming from you...

Re: Darkseid's Iron Man Mark II Armor showcase UPDATED 23/06/11

Hey guys.I know it's been a while but i bet the final result will justify all the money and time spend to create this armor.I can't thank enough Matt from Surreal Studios for giving me the opportunity to buy his awesome iron man arm casts and neck pieces.As you will see from the pics his pieces are flawless and that's what i was looking for because chroming brings out any imperfections.Thanks again Matt:rolleyes.Anyway here are some pics from the progress so far.I hope you like it.More pics to follow....

photo32iu.jpg

photo6t.jpg

20110604202810.jpg

20110604202629.jpg

Re: Darkseid's Iron Man Mark II Real Chrome Armor showcase UPDATED 23/06/11

Wow the chroming turned out fantastic! Was my pleasure to be able to help you out with your armor, cant wait to see the fully assembled chromed display

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back