Cyup93 TASM 1 suit (Sonjou / 4neodesigns)

cyup93

Hi,
I have started my TASM1 project last week, I was actually wanting a Mclean print but it was hard to nearly impossible to get. I holidays are nearly over and because of time pressure I just went with Sonjous pattern. I can say that I am happy with it and would recommended it as alternative to Mcleans pattern.

I would like to post some progress.

I took the challenge of puff paining the suit sewn. It is even the first time doing this (it's my first replica).
The dark blue honeycombs don't look that great, I practiced on the back of the suit. I think the front of the suit looks very good.

IMG_0452.JPGIMG_0450.JPGIMG_0451.JPGIMG_0468.JPGIMG_0453.JPGIMG_0469.JPGIMG_0466.JPGIMG_0467.JPGIMG_0476.JPGIMG_0479.JPGIMG_0471.JPGIMG_0485.JPGIMG_0481.JPGIMG_0483.JPGIMG_0484.JPGIMG_0473.JPG

Last edited:
Re: Cyup93 TASM 1 suit (Sonjou)

Update, new pics:

fkir68rxnmf.jpg

aixtlgew7ekr.jpg

1hczcu3p9ize.jpg

wl64b4t1bpjn.jpg

6pxdzyd8wb5.jpg

82dduw1lshz.jpg

n6xwrf9p4t8.jpg

idxlzjno8wyz.jpg

oe1rob4o6bif.jpg

uksveztbcxyw.jpg

hqp6nc6tp5pk.jpg

312mvkhjhcmb.jpg

8bpix3iakd8m.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Only a half leg, both arms and hands and the mask left.

fkir68rxnmf.jpg

aixtlgew7ekr.jpg

1hczcu3p9ize.jpg

wl64b4t1bpjn.jpg

6pxdzyd8wb5.jpg

82dduw1lshz.jpg

n6xwrf9p4t8.jpg

idxlzjno8wyz.jpg

oe1rob4o6bif.jpg

uksveztbcxyw.jpg

hqp6nc6tp5pk.jpg

312mvkhjhcmb.jpg

8bpix3iakd8m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

It doesn't look good it looks: amazing, spectacular,sensational,ultimate,superior and any other spidey related adjectives [emoji2] good job man [emoji106]

thanks, I will keep you updated with pics.
Only one and a half hands and the mask left, I think I will be using a balloon to puff paint the mask.

That sometimes makes it hard to do the neck
true, I have ordered a dummy head yesterday. I will figure something out for the neck, if I can't then I would have to wait for the dummy head to arrive.
I have the lenses and shooters. I will post pics of them some times soon.

More bad news dummy heads are way smaller than actual heads and the necks are super thin so you could put a toilet roll inside the neck

the dummy I ordered has a size of 54cm and my head is 56cm. I think this should be alright, if not I can add a toy mask on the dummy.

toilet roll is not a bad idea, I might do that thanks.

BTW I am making also a start on a TASM 2 suit using orhadar pattern. I still have 3 weeks holidays, I will see how far I can get.
I have latex and thickener, metallic blue and metallic black puff paint. I am just waiting for the suit to be sewn and shipped. In the mean time I am trying to finish this suit.

I have a thread on how to make tasm2 lenses (domed) it's super. Easy, and I also suggest you go with black puffy paint if you want it accurate. Or where the suit gets lighter go with blue

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back