carnage costume wip-muscle suit(pics/vids)

mikefu

hey

working on a carange costume. just completed muscle suit . ill start skinning it this week.
tendrils. mask. and weapons on the way.. IMG-20131103-00249.jpgIMG-20131103-00250.jpgIMG-20131103-00251.jpgIMG-20131103-00252.jpgIMG-20131103-00253.jpgIMG-20131103-00254.jpgIMG-20131103-00255.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome work on that muscle suit!
Very accurate anatomy, and the muscles are staying in place well! Very good mobility.

I have made a couple of foam costumes, and carving out the muscles was always a challenge.

Can you explain how you made it? I get an idea how you made it by looking at it, but I want to make sure that I know for sure.
You might have new method or tech that I could use.

My only gripe is I always thought of Carnage as a leaner character.

What Carnage design are you basing this costume on?

the muscle suit was made from 1 inch foam sheets , cut into muscle plates positioned on morph suit . keeping in mind mobility and anatomic correctness. i tested with model then started to add muscles , building up with foam then sculpting back into prportion with a utility knife...nothing beats a sharp olfa..lol

carage head profile2.jpgcarnage concept.jpgcarnage head c.jpgcarnage head profile.jpgcarnage layout2.jpgcarnage sketch adv2.jpglayout.jpg

i guess the most important part for was to map muscles with "plates" (see black and white drawing) . lining them up with muscles but leave space with your joints are naturally. the exposed morpf suit will stretch and if you follow basic anatomy it will save you time later and give much better natural movement. you can build muscle up just dont cover the morph suit "tendons"...hope that helps

I am impressed! This is all great information! Thank you for sharing!
Love the design, and concept art!
I figure with the head on the shoulders won't look so big and everything will fall into even proportion.

Will the jaw move with the performer's movements?

Last edited:
I am impressed! This is all great information! Thank you for sharing!
Love the design, and concept art!
I figure with the head on the shoulders won't look so big and everything will fall into even proportion.

Will the raw move with the performer's movements?

yeah the mask jaw will be hinged and move with jaw. the neck will join the two
im putting the tendrils on with magnets so they can removed from and transferred around body, im hoping they will connect as well with the magnets to form weapon combos...? thats the plan anyway..lol

Are you going to cover it with a fabric?
Cover it with a thinner foam?
Or just latex it the way it is?

ill spray glue a thin sheer fabric on . ( may have to pin some areas though). shape it ..creat skin folds etcthen ill do a couple coats of my red base , mixed with latex . the rest is airbrush.
(109).jpgSkin1wblack.jpg

attached link to my deviant art gallery...has hulk process layed out ...very similar
mongrelman's deviantART gallery

That is some fine work! You could have saved some time and asked me to pose for a life cast though. Can't wait to see it finished.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back