anyone here own the butterfly knife from the punisher?

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
just morbid curiosity really. i learned today that kevin nash was really stabbed with it, and it wasn't a "fake knife" like they were supposed to use.

first time i heard of it, and i thought it was a nice rumor until i read about it from him in a few interviews.

makes an interesting backstory if you actually own the item heh.

chris

Well I haven't seen the Punisher, but I'll add it to my list of movies that give balisongs a bad rep :rolleyes

Give me a screenshot and I'll be able to ID it most likely

nah, it wasnt a bad thing. it was actually a pretty decent movie (even if it started off kinda slow).

i dont have my dvd handy or id get you those caps.

chris

<div class='quotetop'></div>
just morbid curiosity really. i learned today that kevin nash was really stabbed with it, and it wasn't a "fake knife" like they were supposed to use.[/b]

Ya know, I think this was a rumour that got picked up and spread around everywhere, but I'm not sure it's true. If I'm not mistaken it started in The Phillipines Gazette or some such.

I lived in Tampa when this was filmed, and I know a few of the folks who worked on the flick (one of them is a member here) so I will see if they can verify this.

NJc------------

<div class='quotetop'>(Noeland @ Nov 5 2006, 09:34 PM) [snapback]1351376[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
just morbid curiosity really. i learned today that kevin nash was really stabbed with it, and it wasn't a "fake knife" like they were supposed to use.[/b]

Ya know, I think this was a rumour that got picked up and spread around everywhere, but I'm not sure it's true. If I'm not mistaken it started in The Phillipines Gazette or some such.

I lived in Tampa when this was filmed, and I know a few of the folks who worked on the flick (one of them is a member here) so I will see if they can verify this.

NJc------------
[/b][/quote]

I am the fellow that worked on the film, hell I was there everyday and saw every lick of footage shot. I got pretty close to Thomas Jane and the rest and I am sure the only MAJOR thing that happened was Thomas pulling a groin muscle once and giving himself a concussion. He used to practice with the butterfly knife CONSTANTLY... but I am PRETTY damn sure he didnt stab Kevin Nash with it..

I'll ask the girl who was his personal assistant for the entire film if she can verify this.

Damian

PS: The directors cut is coming out with ALL of the cut footage. The movie will make ALOT more sense with it in addition to the Kuwait still art story they are adding to the opening of the film.

<sigh> I long for the days when ebay allowed listings of switchblades, butterly knives, batons, p-24's, brass knuckles and leaded saps. :(

i am just going by these kind of sites..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0621760/bio
http://www.nzpwi.co.nz/home/index.php?opti...=2466&Itemid=88
http://ads.ign.com/advertisers/punisherthe...te/nash_p2.html

<div class='quotetop'></div>
IGNFF: How long was it before you were able to attain a comfort level on the set?

NASH: The first night that we just walked through the fight scene, and I walked through it with the stunt guy first a couple of times and then Thomas came – because Thomas was finishing up some shots. It was probably around 8:00, and I could tell he was beat, because I saw on the call sheet that he had like a 5:30am call time. So he'd been there 14 hours already, but he wanted to go through it. One thing that's good is that I can remember a 20-minute match, let alone a 5-minute fight scene. As far as doing something physical like that, memory-wise – once you lay out what you want me to do, I don't need to go through it more than once. I think that was good, because we went through it, and then we went through it a second time, and then I just told the stunt coordinator that I had it and Thomas said he had it. I think Thomas realized that, "Okay, this guy's not going to be a stiff." But then at the same time, I know that when they hired me for it they were just like, "Now, you know you can't hit him... Our insurance won't cover if you do damage to this guy..." It was like, "You realize, you big goof, if you hurt him we don't shoot..."

IGNFF: And the irony in all this is that he stabbed you...

NASH: Yes. He actually stabbed me. Thank god he got me in the collarbone. He stabbed me right in the collarbone. If it had been up in the meat, who knows? He could have drilled that thing right in me pretty good. That would have been a nice one.

IGNFF: How exactly did that happen?

NASH: I guess one of the stunt coordinator guys didn't change the real butterfly with the retractable. And he went "shh shh shh shh" and he just looked at me. I'm not going to go, "*****." because I don't want to kill the scene. And he goes, "I just stabbed him." I go, "It's not that bad." And he goes, "No, it's bad. You're bleeding." I said, "It's not that bad," and I looked in the mirror and there was a little blood – because they'd squared the blade off anyway. So it was just a puncture wound. It was nothing. Poor Thomas... it was like, "Geez, man... I just stabbed this guy."

IGNFF: See, now that's how you bond on a set...

NASH: Exactly.
[/b]

he has mentioned it in several interviews, so i figured it was as close to true as you can get.

chris

Anyone know what kind of knife he used in the scene where he's hiding by a desk and then slash's a guy just before blowing up the room with the Champagne Bomb?

It had a curved blade and looked really nasty, I wouldn't want anyone swinging that blade at me..

its a skinning blade, i used to have the link....

let me dig around a bit if no one posts this up while i am digging ;)

chris

<div class='quotetop'>(Drago Lordist @ Nov 5 2006, 02:21 PM) [snapback]1351294[/snapback]</div>
I have a friend with police in the family and apparently it's illegal to keep it on your person. I believe you still can have it for display purposes though

[/b]

Not true.

At least not true in NC GA or SC

the skinning knife he used to slice the guys throat coming down the stairs is an EMERSON COMBAT KARAMBIT. I got one for my punisher costume, they are extremely sharp.

The rumor about Jane stabbing Nash is a GROSS exaggeration. Thomas did "nick" Nash while filming but it was with a RUBBER stunt knife. It barely broke the skin and Nash laughed it off.

Moving on...

;)

Damian

Yeah that's the blade I was talking about, nasty looking knife.. :eek

CombatKarambit_BT.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(wolverine solo @ Nov 6 2006, 05:49 AM) [snapback]1351757[/snapback]</div>
the skinning knife he used to slice the guys throat coming down the stairs is an EMERSON COMBAT KARAMBIT. I got one for my punisher costume, they are extremely sharp.
[/b]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back