Amazing Spider-Man 2 Moleskin Spandex material

kiyominai

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, I'm gong to try and create a TASM 2 suit using moleskin spandex (nylon + spandex)

moleskin.png

I wanna create a suit that's fabric shines similarly to the one on the movie. Thoughts? Helps? Suggestions? Anything is welcome.

I think it would be awesome.

Love seeing all the different ways people have come up with to make a suit. Excited to see this one as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Moleskin, eh? That's a new one. I'll have to look into that. I was also wondering how to get that shine. I doubt it's any kind of "buffing" or a similar technique; it's got to be the type of fabric, right? The suit almost looks like a velvet-spandex blend lol

Oh, and sorry for posting with no helpful information...

I think it would be awesome.

Love seeing all the different ways people have come up with to make a suit. Excited to see this one as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks man, I'll try my best. I was inspired by the shininess of a Superman cape I saw.

I say go for it I love that people are actually starting to use colored fabric now. And that red looks pretty spot on

Yeah, I'm loving the alternative of printing onto lycra.

Moleskin, eh? That's a new one. I'll have to look into that. I was also wondering how to get that shine. I doubt it's any kind of "buffing" or a similar technique; it's got to be the type of fabric, right? The suit almost looks like a velvet-spandex blend lol

Oh, and sorry for posting with no helpful information...

Thanks man, you did help. I looked up velvet-spandex blend to see if there was any. It's possible that it's an original fabric with those two combined.

Dude! *ordered* gonna try comparing the two fabrics when I get them.

I'v been wondering, I've noticed that running shoes mostly have meshed polyester fabric like on this pic. Would it be easier to just put it on top of spandex? uploadfromtaptalk1398672900656.jpg

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk

I'v been wondering, I've noticed that running shoes mostly have meshed polyester fabric like on this pic. Would it be easier to just put it on top of spandex? View attachment 317621

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk

That's awesome. WHen it comes to shoes, it's beyond me but I'm sure once I read more about the shoe designs, this fabric would fit right in there. It does look comfortable though

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back