Superman Batman Background Color

bobatrek

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am looking to frame this:

superbats.jpg

It consists of the batarangs by synasp, the Bat emblem by Big Blue Saw, a Superman S from MattMunson's sale page and a Green Crystal by Blackwell FX.

Any suggestions on a sutable color for the background to compliment it all?

How about placement?

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
How about an icy glacier Fortress of Solitude wall behind the Supes pieces, then blending down into a rocky Batcave wall behind the Bat pieces.
Just a thought.

I think Cavedweler is on the right track. Something other than a color or gradient is needed here. It might entail a bigger frame and cost a bit more, but how about matting each piece in its own "hole" with a white border around it like a comic book panel. Maybe have a few "dummy" panels with nothing in them other than a comic image featuring both Supes and Bats, ala Millers "Dark Knight" graphic novel.
If solid colors are your thinking, i would go with a dark grey frame, a double matt of "blue" on top with the lower one outlining each piece with a thin band of yellow.

What about some comic book pages as the background.

You could mix them up between batman and superman, favorite scenes, and you know cover the complete background. Kind of ramdom at angles all over each other.

It may look too busy, but might look good, try it out, and mix it up with some black and white.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back