Smallville free paper prop "Lara Polaroid"+33.1/season 1 rickman poster

Nicky

For your collection from Me
correct photo exact replica Enjoy :)

ENJOY SMALLVILLE FANS {SMALLVILLE FOREVER LOL}

Last edited:
Re: Smallville free paper prop "Lara Polaroid"

Any chance you can also make the Martha Kent photo that hides this picture? Heck, any chance we can trace the picture frame they use?

well its a free paper prop you get what you pay for :lol

Sorry, I wasn't being sarcastic, that was supposed to be a wink. It's a very good pic, I'll have to pay more attention when I pick my smilies.:cool

Just lobbing a thanks up for the free paper prop :)

I will borrow my friends polaroid next week and get some glossy paper, and make a nice addition to my smallville collection :D

I'm kinda thinking about getting some polaroid pics, cuttion out the upper layer with the existing pic, cutting a slit across the top and trying to slide it in like a photo frame.

Or

If you use the pic insert you cut out as a template, you might be able to reinsert the new pic in it's place.

Or

If you enlarge the pic to "life size", you might be able to take a Polaroid of the picture :)

That's what I'm thinkin' at least.

Steve

I went through the polaroid conversion process years ago when i did a run of Zhora pics.

zhora_b.jpg

Here's the deal:

The best thing to do is buy a pack of polaroid film. Crack the case open, and carefully take out all the pics.

Take a pic and flip it onto it's face, so the picture part is face down.

use an x-acto blade to CAREFULLY peel up the lip of casing along the top of the pic. It's sealed at the corners. If you tear it, no big deal, as it will be on the back. Once you get the lip separated, just fold it over towards the front.

Print your picture out at the appropriate size. Be sure to include the white border so that it sits properly within the polaroid frame. Might take a couple of tests to get it right. Be sure to print the pic slightly bigger so that it's framed properly inside the pic.

Slide in the picture. BUT be careful. The bottom of the polaroid picture has a well that is filled with the developing solution. When the pic pops out of the camera, this solution is squeezed from the well into the body of the frame. DO NOT SQUEEZE it out. It's REALLY messy, and will ruin the photo that you just put in.

Once you get the picture inside, use some two sided tape, contact cement, or some of that super thin mounting adhesive to seal up the flap.

I would then recommend putting it into a frame or shadow box. Handling of the picture will eventually result in someone squeezing the well of fluid into the casing and ruining your picture.

Hope that helps!

I went through the polaroid conversion process years ago when i did a run of Zhora pics.

zhora_b.jpg

Here's the deal:

The best thing to do is buy a pack of polaroid film. Crack the case open, and carefully take out all the pics.

Take a pic and flip it onto it's face, so the picture part is face down.

use an x-acto blade to CAREFULLY peel up the lip of casing along the top of the pic. It's sealed at the corners. If you tear it, no big deal, as it will be on the back. Once you get the lip separated, just fold it over towards the front.

Print your picture out at the appropriate size. Be sure to include the white border so that it sits properly within the polaroid frame. Might take a couple of tests to get it right. Be sure to print the pic slightly bigger so that it's framed properly inside the pic.

Slide in the picture. BUT be careful. The bottom of the polaroid picture has a well that is filled with the developing solution. When the pic pops out of the camera, this solution is squeezed from the well into the body of the frame. DO NOT SQUEEZE it out. It's REALLY messy, and will ruin the photo that you just put in.

Once you get the picture inside, use some two sided tape, contact cement, or some of that super thin mounting adhesive to seal up the flap.

I would then recommend putting it into a frame or shadow box. Handling of the picture will eventually result in someone squeezing the well of fluid into the casing and ruining your picture.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the tips. I will give it a try to see how it works.

Hilary

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back