*NEED HELP* with Batman build (cowl and suit) German members needed!

Bane 187

Since I need help regarding buying the right materials for my Batman build, I thought I asked for help right here. Of course non-german members are welcome as well.

Here´s what I am doing:

PART 1
I built a pepakura The Dark Knight Batman cowl in a wearable size for me.
Pep file is done, now I need help to decide how I can mold and cast the pep file. My idea: Using epoxy resin or poly resin with fiberglass to make the cowl hard. Small indecencies will be worked on with filler.
Next Id put the mask on my premade scale head, fill in gaps between head and cowl with some material and make a mold out of silicone.

What would be the best material to use to make the cowl stiff, yet a little bit bendable to put on?

PART 2

I built various parts of the Batman suit using the patterns that are flying around on this forum. For the suit parts I used 2mm foam ( I know, 2mm is too thin)

I was thinking about using thick cardboard to secure some foam parts and getting a 3d like look to the parts.

Is there any way I can "seal" the cardboard/foam build, so I can spray the parts afterwards and I can still use this costume in 20 years?
Or would you guys go ahead and mold it. What materials would be used to cast it? Latex?

Thanks in advance!

For the german members:

Nicht wirklich scharf drauf meine Fragen ins Deutsche zu übersetzen, denke aber das ihr auch so versteht was ich vorhabe und was mir Bedenken bereitet, ansonsten einfach nochmal nachhaken.
Brauche einfach Tipps und Kniffe bzgl. der Verwendung und dem Kauf von Materialien, nur weiß ich gar nicht genau welche Materialien am besten sind.

Weiß jemand was z. B. 40 shore urethane ist und obs das auch in Deutschland zu kaufen gibt? Weitere fragen oben in Englisch! ;)

Danke schon mal!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back