Mini Deathstroke - Injustice

Lad

Got the file from JFCustom...really easy to use (built and painted it in a few hours), had a problem with the nose/bridge area so had to improvise a little bit.
I also made the eye a little bigger (yellow side) so my son can see better, and kept the other eye hole open as well.

I am gonna make the shoulder pads, gauntlets, shins and boots from foam...
Plan on just making him wear black fatigue for the rest - do you just have any suggestions here?

1.jpg2.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
Thanks Icetyrant, i think its one of those easier builds though ;p

Started working on the gauntlets today, I found a Batman gauntlet (forgot who made it) that was super easy to use. Then freehanded the scale-like thing on it. I know its not screen acurate but I really like the way it looks.
Does anyone have templates of the shoulder pads? Just wondering coz im going to start working on them today. Can only mess with this on saturdays.

image.jpg

Figured these would work well considering Deathstrokes color scheme.
just got some foamboard for the sword.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 154
image.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks for the comments.
Finished the gauntlets yesterday, and worked on a shoulder pad as well.
had my son fit it so i could check proportions, pretty happy with how they came out.

i think ill just have him wear a turtle neck, then a black 6 pocket for the black sections of the costume.
Chris - once I get my laptop back ill post the links to the gauntlets (but it is just for the rounded part,i freehanded the layered section)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the praise. He's pressuring me to finish the suit now!
My friend saw the pic and said I should enter my son in a costume contest this June.
I'll probably go have a long sleeved shirt with printed scales on the torso for more accuracy. - NEED HELP HERE

Some folks told me sublimation printing is the way to go, unfortunately all the places that I know require a minimum of 10 shirts (I can't do that because of cost, and what the heck am I gonna use the shirts for? :facepalm).

Does anybody from the Philippines happen to know where I can go to just get 1 shirt printed? And any idea on cost

Had some time to work on the shoulders today. Done with the top half, just need to work on the legs now.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks.

4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 106
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 115
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 123
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 106
done with the legs aswell, just have to paint them.
found a place where I can get the shirt printed, only costs $10USD...not bad I think

PROPS - so here what I got

2 berretas (some cheap airsoft stuff)
2 mp5s (it moves when you fire it, got lights and sounds too, my son went crazy!)
1 nerf recon cs-6 (still need to paint it)
- need help here, should I still put primer before blacking it out? I've never painted on plastic before
- any suggestions on how I can have this thing mounted on his back? or should I just put a strap on it?

sword, used foamboard, but might just buy a light up toy sword and modify it a little bit (should be more fun for my son)

thanks for the comments,

Declanuk - not sure who to give credit to for the gauntlets...I know they are not mine to share, but I know it was shared for the public so here you go.
.newrightinside_zps0a60d17f.png

Again thank you to the owner of the gauntlet file, I am so sorry I forgot who you are (peace brother-man)

I'll try to find the pieces I used for the layered area, not sure where I placed them.

started painting the legs, going to wait a while before i put on the orange and brown area (not sure if it is brown)

my son couldn't wait to try it on when he saw the legs painted.
I know the spikes are too big. I try to put an angle on the foam-board, they ended up too huge but meh, I'm too lazy to re-do the entire thing.

I think its coming along nicely, the printed shirt and actual pants he's going to use should really bring it together..

2.jpg3.jpg

I think I'll put in red leds for the eye (ala war machine), and that circle thing near the shoulder just so there's something there. not really feeling that ruby/gem type design.

saw a real cool holster for the mp5s - I think I'll put them on the rear-ish section of the legs, then just the berettas for the front
still have no idea how to mount the riffle at the back, any ideas would be really much appreciated.
by the way, that is not the sword we're going to use :D

let me know what you think, any feedback would be great too.

Looks great. I'm currently building a Deathstroke costume for my lad. I decided to modify an Ironman mask with bondo. Currently working on the brow, nose and jaw pieces. Here's the last photo I took.

I will make the rest of the armor out of foam. Absolutely no idea how it all goes together tho!

IMAG1633_1.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back