Customizing TDKR Bane's mask, glove, and a broken Batman mask

BR2814

My training bud went as TDKR Bane for Halloween and Comikaze 2013. I customized his mask so he could breathe as the mask he ordered came in and had no holes to breathe through! I used black nylon and a fabric mesh painted to look like metal in the mouth area allowing him to breathe freely. I repainted the mask to detail it and look more accurate. I created his leather buckled glove on his right hand from an old wrist brace, weathered some faux brown leather with drybrushing paint on, and added small metal buckles. I also took one of those hard plastic Rubies adult Batman masks and cut the way the split happens in the film. My wife, sons, and I went as a Family Of Steel that day. Even though its strange to see Bane walking around with a Superman family, we both got a lot of compliments on the details of our costumes and that day. Hopefully this helps to give some ideas if you're working on a Bane from TDKR.

Can'tbreathe.jpgfixed.jpg3:4 before.jpg3:4fixed.jpgWristbrace1.jpgBaneGlove2.jpgBrokenBat.jpgBane.jpgBane.jpgSuperman&Bane.jpgBane_vs_Supe.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back