budget Batman TDK ver. 3 WIP (pic heavy)

omel

Sr Member
hi guys, a while back when i posted my budget TDK and Batgirl i was asked by some to post detailed step by step on how i did the cowls, unfortunately i did not take detailed enough pics and did not have time to make a new one...but last night i found time to make one , did it in about 3 hours and spray painted this morning to check the places that needs improvement, so here it is, i hope somebody finds it helpful.

materials:

1. duct tape ( of course, hehe)
2. paper mask
3. strips of card stock ( or similar paper)
4. plumbers putty
5. spray paint

and here goes...

it is rough looking but i hope it conveys the general idea of how its done, will work on it more and post the final result when im happy on how it turns out. :D,

Last edited:
Re: duct tape TDK cowl how to

am i right in thinking the putty does not dry ?

the putty is workable for a couple of minutes then begins to harden, once cured its like concrete (does not shrink or crack). so i apply it on portions that do not need to flex or it will crack. it is sandable as well, i do not use fiberglass on the inside of the cowl, just duct tape as well so moisture does not ruin the paper, several layers of duct tape inside and out is enough to stiffen the cowl so applying the plumbers putty is easier.

Last edited:

added some more putty and got new can of spray paint "dull black"

will be working on this some more, and finally found someone selling plastidip locally ;)

Fantastic work! Very resourceful! Can't wait to see the final output of this project.

If you wouldn't mind, may I ask where you found a supplier for Plasti Dip here in the Philippines? :)

Fantastic work! Very resourceful! Can't wait to see the final output of this project.

If you wouldn't mind, may I ask where you found a supplier for Plasti Dip here in the Philippines? :)

thanks, its a carshop that sells it by the cans or if one would avail of their services to spray/plastidip the magwheels, wheel well or the whole car. saw their ad in a bike forum. they are located somewhere in Q.C., will verify and pm you the exact address.

heres one;

https://www.facebook.com/plastidipphilippines

I was skeptical when i read the title to this thread but I clicked it anyways and i got to say this is genius. You found the cheapest way to make a good looking cowl. I will definitely be trying this out. Thank you.

This is amazing. I wonder if it would be possible to use this method for other parts of a batsuit.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back