data-ad-slot="5185789655">
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Oct 7, 2012, 1:09 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #26

Cowel looks great ! I was wondering if you can do a batman beyond cowel if so that would be great
    Thanks boomboom
  2. data-ad-slot="4313291280">
    data-ad-slot="8398578428">
    From
    New Hampshire
    Oct 8, 2012, 8:22 AM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #27

Egon said: View Post
    This is great! I've been wanting to see this pepped for a long while and it looks just stunning.

Any chance of a PDF for the cowl?
    Here's that PDF, sorry about the delay. Let me know if you need the scale changed at all.
    Ruze789 TDK Cowl Letter.pdf - 4shared.com - document sharing - download

TChiu said: View Post
    Awesome! I'm in the process of finishing of a batman pep helmet myself and would love to take a stab at this after. Just curious though, is the hole big enough to fit a head through it? I had the problem with my helmet and had to cut the back out. Either way, awesome looking file!
    The hole is definitely not big enough for a head to fit through. I was planning on cutting out a section of the lower back and attaching it via magnets, like an Iron Man helmet. There would be a seam line but I think a seam would be better than missing a large section of the back to get your head to fit in.

Here's the cut line I had in mind, I did not get to build this helmet so I didn't get to see if it would work:

boomboom said: View Post
    Cowel looks great ! I was wondering if you can do a batman beyond cowel if so that would be great
    Thanks boomboom
    I'm going to be tied up with Dark Knight stuff for a while, I don't know that I'll be able to get to a Beyond cowl anytime soon.
    Oct 8, 2012, 11:23 AM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #28

i feel inspired ĦĦĦĦ I´m going for opaline paper and ready to make it!!!!! thanks ruze789 I really hope you do the rest of the armor
    From
    Australia
    Oct 9, 2012, 6:57 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #29

Hey Guys, Had a go at building the file. Fits brilliantly. Thanks for the file Ruze
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0063.jpg   img_0065.jpg  
    From
    New Hampshire
    Oct 9, 2012, 8:14 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #30

Stark05 said: View Post
    Hey Guys, Had a go at building the file. Fits brilliantly. Thanks for the file Ruze
    It's always exciting to see the first build from a new model, and yours doesn't disappoint! Very nice job.

Were there any really troublesome areas or problems that could use a fix?
    Oct 9, 2012, 8:14 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #31

Ruze789,
    Thank you for sharing the file. It looks much simpler and cleaner
    From
    Japan
    Oct 9, 2012, 8:43 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #32

Looks awesome. I hope there will be foam templates for the whole armor. That would be amazing....
    Oct 9, 2012, 8:52 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #33

Thank you for putting this together!
  10. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Oct 9, 2012, 8:59 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #34

thankas for the up! my son loves batman and this will be perfect for halloween around the corner
    From
    Australia
    Oct 9, 2012, 9:23 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #35

ruze789 said: View Post
    It's always exciting to see the first build from a new model, and yours doesn't disappoint! Very nice job.

Were there any really troublesome areas or problems that could use a fix?
    Cheers Mate, No troubles at all. I did reference a dark knight bale cowl pic and i should have made the cheek bone more visible (mine looks a bit flat) when pepping. If that makes sense. others might do that. other than that everything looks great.
    From
    Mars with love
    Oct 14, 2012, 4:01 AM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #36

Downloaded the file. Will try a go at it with foam. Thank you sir!
    Oct 14, 2012, 5:09 AM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #37

i Would Love to see This suit but Specially the Bane Mask Ill be Watching Closely

ruze789 said: View Post
    What kind of print are you thinking of? The model I'm currently working on is pretty low detail, it'll be primarily just be a template for building in foam, none of the tubes or connections are modeled on it. It's mainly a base to be built on top of.

(Ignore the head model, it's just a stand-in for proportions sake. It was a video game rip.)

I also got permission from Pichet Paithoon to modify and release his model as needed, so I'll be able to post up some of the things I've already done.
    Here's his model:

It takes some work to make it pepakura friendly, so it's slow going. I'm altering it mainly for foam building, but regular pepakura techniques would work for it too.
    Here's what I've started with, as these seem to be the most difficult parts for foam:

I'll release .pdos as I finish unfolding.
    Oct 14, 2012, 9:17 AM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #38

So, any Updates on the suit pdo file progress?
    Cant wait to see the finished product, hope it will be available for foam.

Thanks a lot!
    Oct 14, 2012, 8:12 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #39

thanks alot there friend. thats the most accurate one ive found also cant wait to see the others.keep up the good work!!
  16. Member Since
    May 2012
    Oct 14, 2012, 8:57 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #40

nice job so far
    From
    New Hampshire
    Oct 15, 2012, 3:10 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #41

Little update, I've been pretty busy with long hours at work so I'm not having the kind of time I was hoping to in order to work on this...

Still working on the batsuit, I had to start by removing the base body/ skin underneath everything. Next step will be to simplify the strapping that was modeled, I'd like to keep the straps included for sizing and spacing but right now every little rib and detail are modeled in there. After that I'll modify the armor parts for pepakura and/or foam.

I have two parts that I've already modified and unfolded. These have been edited for pepakura but unfolded for foam. These were scaled for myself so they'll have to be adjusted for each person, as I'm only 5'-5".

The Chest (This does not include the layered part that the emblem sits on, as that is a fairly simple piece to make from 3mm foam):

TDK Chest PichetPaithoon and Ruze789 (Letter).pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

The Upper Shoulder (This is only the upper or top piece, I haven't worked on the second/ lower layer yet):

TDK Shoulder PichetPaithoon and Ruze789 (Letter).pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    Oct 15, 2012, 4:00 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl and Batsuit Pepakura Files #42

Thanks a lot Ruze 789, already pepping the cowl, take your time with the rest of the armor, the chest and shoulder pieces look fantastic
    From
    colne , lancashire , uk
    Oct 15, 2012, 4:18 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl and Batsuit Pepakura Files #43

ruze these files are awsome after im done with my mk 7 iron man im defo on with this
    From
    Mars with love
    Oct 15, 2012, 7:49 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl and Batsuit Pepakura Files #44

Gonna build this on my day off of work! Now I know where the leftover rubber pieces from my mk8 will go!
  21. Member Since
    May 2012
    Oct 15, 2012, 8:26 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #45

The hole is definitely not big enough for a head to fit through. I was planning on cutting out a section of the lower back and attaching it via magnets, like an Iron Man helmet. There would be a seam line but I think a seam would be better than missing a large section of the back to get your head to fit in.

Here's the cut line I had in mind, I did not get to build this helmet so I didn't get to see if it would work:

Your right about cutting the back out and reattaching. That's what I did ands though it would look better without a seam, it just wouldnt look like a cowl if you could see the whole back of Batmans head.

Also, your work is great I really appreciate you sharing this. Also, it's a bonus for me cause I'm only 5'5 too. Not scaling work to be done!
  22. Member Since
    May 2012
    Oct 15, 2012, 9:44 PM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl and Batsuit Pepakura Files #46

These are awesome files and i look forward to the rest of them being released
    Oct 16, 2012, 3:54 AM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl and Batsuit Pepakura Files #47

Hi Ruze will you also release them for paper pepakura? Thanks man Im also so interested in the bane mask
    From
    Austria
    Oct 16, 2012, 6:08 AM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl and Batsuit Pepakura Files #48

Oct 16, 2012, 7:55 AM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl and Batsuit Pepakura Files #49

Awesome work, thanks for the chest and shoulder parts! Oh and thanks for the foam cowl file as well.

In terms of sizing, I guess resizing the suit files for a 6`3" person is necessary?!
    Adding a whole 10 % in sizing will def be too much, won´t it?

Thanks again, can´t wait for the rest of the suit!
  26. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Oct 16, 2012, 8:11 AM - Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File #50

cant w8 for the whole thing to finish..
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast