Batman & Batgirl budget build (updated cowl 8/19/12)(pic heavy)

omel

Sr Member
decided to remake my 4 night build, nothing movie accurate but this time just doing it when i have time and not under pressure, a budget, fun build for halloween.

DSC08993.jpg

stuff lying around the house, old cardboard calendars, duct tape, plumbers putty, pva glue and flat black spray paint......

DSC08992.jpg

DSC08987.jpg

obviously a work in progress...

DSC08986.jpg

side by side comparison with the old cowl...

DSC08984.jpg

DSC08983.jpg

full paint to check for areas of improvement...( a lot of areas lol )

this was half a days worth of work.:)

..will do the neck seal next...

Last edited:
Re: dark knight duct tape redux

salamat bro...this will look like trash compared to the awesome work you are doing with your ironman helmet hehe...

Thanks, made a few improvements to the cowl since that pic, will post it along with the neck seal..

It amazes me every time I see a build like this, the quality of work with such basic materials. Very nice work.

DSC09014.jpg

DSC08999.jpg

DSC08996.jpg

the neck seal ( used cardboard, duct tape, anti slip table runner, pva glue to coat,velcro, then black spray paint) and the finished (for now) cowl..

DSC09010.jpg

DSC09013.jpg

DSC09012.jpg

DSC09011.jpg

will work on the chest piece next...

Last edited:

using mainly cardboard for this part ( but its still duct tape that holds it together when viewed from the back...)
DSC09015.jpg

DSC09016.jpg

the basic form...

DSC09018.jpg

DSC09020.jpg

DSC09023.jpg

DSC09022.jpg

...working on shoulder, arm armor next....

Last edited:

@ Judge Spartan - done with the prototype shoulder bells and arm armor, will show pics of the finished part with the rest of the finished stuff ( worn for a test fit ;) ), ...started the gauntlets....

Re: Dark Knight duct tape remake

DSC09031.jpg

DSC09030.jpg

prototype shoulder bell and arm armor...

DSC09029.jpg

DSC09028.jpg

DSC09040.jpg

gauntlets....cardboard hot glued to bike arm guards...

DSC09039.jpg

DSC09038.jpg

DSC09037.jpg

cowl and neck seal test fit....

DSC09045.jpg

DSC09044.jpg

...and all of the finished parts so far...
excuse the roughness of the build, they are all done by guesstimate sizing and doing it by eye..

will do the abs armor next.....

Last edited:
Re: Dark Knight duct tape (..pics..test fit of finished parts...)

That looks insanely good my friend. That cowl is unbelievable. Cannot believe you did that with the materials you did that with. Brilliance.

This is great! The cowl looks amazing considering what it's made from.

That looks insanely good my friend. That cowl is unbelievable. Cannot believe you did that with the materials you did that with. Brilliance.

thanks...being a pack rat has its perks...the raw materials (read...junk hehe) comes from the storage room full of stuff that should have been thrown away long ago. i would have loved to just purchase a cowl but one can only order it online from over here and the credit card statement will probably irk the wife :lol. so i make do with what i can scrounge.

This is great! The cowl looks amazing considering what it's made from.

thanks..:), wasnt able to do much today ( ran out of duct tape..hehe, ) plus the wife and kid is under the weather.

but was able to make some improvements on the gauntlets and the arm armor, will post pics when i've figured out what i can use for the abs( aside from duct tape), and finish making it...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back