Arkham Asylum Poison Ivy
When I saw the art for the Arkham Asylum Poison Ivy I knew that I had to make the costume. While Iíve noticed a lot of girls go the bare painted skin/vine route- I wanted to be able to wear the costume again and not have to stand for hours of body paint. So the following is what I came up with.
First up was the shirt:
I took a base reddish shirt and altered it so that it would stay open as Ivy's does in the game.
I hand sewed some blue bias on the edges of the shirt. The logo was made in PS and cut out and applied using a T-shirt press.
The vines were sculpted by my amazing friend Mike:
I took a dance stocking designed to be worn on stage to give the appearance of nudity. This was a little difficult as I didn't want seams showing on the stomach. Then using a combination of paint and dye, I dyed the suit a pale green. The vines were then applied with (stupidly) hot glue. I was working under a deadline of two days before the con. So wrapped in duct tape, pulled the stocking on and went to work.
The front and back panties didn't quite have enough coverage so I had to use a combination of the latex sculpts and some leaves I had around to fashion panties.
Once everything was assembled it was all one piece. Getting to Dragon*Con I had the amazing Nick Wolfe, Mick Skull, and Athena Zhe touch the suit up with body paint as well as apply my facial/arm/chest vines and do my paint.
The Final Product:
Since wearing the costume I've come up with a few tweaks. Such as shoes. Ivy is barefoot in the game, and that isn't quite practical for con floors. I also want to re-do the wig. I think a revamp of the shirt isn't too bad of an idea either since it seems to photograph as more magenta than anything else.