Limited Run Tesseract, SSR Pin & Super Soldier Serum from Captain America

re: Tesseract, SSR Pin & Super Soldier Serum from Captain America

Payment sent from allan carey for SSR pins.

Many thanks. I look forward to sering them

Allan

I finally got around to assembling my serum kit. Found the proper glue and set aside the time. When I put the blue hand sanitizer in the tube the tube cracked. It spidered like car wind shield. I tried assembling it a year ago; put the fluid in the tube and used modeling glue but the glue didn't work. So I tracked down the proper glue and had a second go at it.

Has this happened to anyone else. It was really strange, just started cracking.

Can I get another tube and cap? I'd like to finish it before the movie to display with my Cap file at the theater.

Thanks for your help,
DBCooper

I finally got around to assembling my serum kit. Found the proper glue and set aside the time. When I put the blue hand sanitizer in the tube the tube cracked. It spidered like car wind shield. I tried assembling it a year ago; put the fluid in the tube and used modeling glue but the glue didn't work. So I tracked down the proper glue and had a second go at it.

Can I get another tube and cap? I'd like to finish it before the movie to display with my Cap file at the theater.

Thanks for your help,
DBCooper
i had the same problem with my first set i now used aquarius blue but it turned colourless after some time ;(
what fluid are you using?

I used water with blue ink, added 10% antimicrobial, found in DIY cosmetics shop. Never tried anything else since that worked for me.

BTW, DBCooper shoot me a PM for a new tube.

Kevin

Are the Serum kits screen accurate with the sizing and all that jazz?

It's pretty accurate, but I didn't have the prop serum so I can't compare it in person. :)

Are these still available?

If so, I want a full set of cosmic cube, super soldier serum and Strategic Scientific Reserve pin.

Shipping to the UK.

Bob

Do you do an offer for the full set shipped to the uk?

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Hand sanitizer is usually Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol based, which acts as a solvent on acrylic and some other plastics. I've seen the same spider cracks happen when using it to clean an item before I realized that was a risk. Windex (with ammonia) is also not recommended for use on acrylic which is too bad as that would make a good serum otherwise.

Oh, and paypal sent for serum kit!

Kevinericon, has your ink/water mixture kept free of things growing in it? Did you add anything to prevent that?

wouldn't just using a blue acrylic rod instead of the tube solve the problems with what fluids to use?

You can certainly get a blue acrylic rod for the task. :)

I used ink and water, but I added 10% antimicrobial liquid. DIY cosmetics is kind of big in my country, so antimicrobial is pretty easy to come by, in chemical shop or DIY cosmetics hobby shop. It never grew anything.

Are the SSR pins of the same variety that would go on the dress uniform? I.E., Captain America's lapel pins?

Do you still have pins available? I am very much interested in buying a set of two!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back