Unlimited Run Star Trek Movie Communicator Lids and Midplates

comm510

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Electronics video for ST3 Movie
http://youtu.be/airtw2JDkjI?list=UU_YZLrIZ275f92EqgKBJxMQ

The Deets:

Tracking forum names, real names, emails, qty's and list updates has led me to just make them
available in an online storefront. I will still update as needed and welcome any input you have.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE

Domestic shipping is 6.00 regardless of purchase
International shipping is 10.00 regardless of purchase.

Let's roll!

Some may be aware that I did a run of ST3 Comms a few years back. They were supposed to be released through Rod.com but it fell through and I sold them privately. The body was based off of a 2nd gen Coyle body obtained directly from him. I thickened and basically totally remade everything to account for the shrinkage that had taken place. I went the extra mile and made three piece lids for them and as such have all of the artwork for both the 3 and 5 comms.

The Stapleton kits are a bit smaller than mine but the width of his center piece is almost the same which is where the lid attaches. In short the lids should fit the Stapleton and all other existing kits based off of the Coyle 3 comm.

The originals had a brass spacer between the hinge and the body about .25 in height. The Stapleton has a ring cast in place that is about .0625 in height and will need to be removed to make these fit with a spacer. Your other option is to make something yourself to fill the gap.

So so we will have FIVE items available:

STAR TREK 3 Lid with spacers
(Three pieces as originally offered on the Federation Surplus comm in '09)

$30.00 each - RAW and unbent

CE51FFB6-F24B-4C81-8F4D-D490EBBF4205_zpssplxphgc.jpg

STAR TREK 3 Lid with spacers

$45.00 each - Bent, cleaned and soldered with brass spacers soldered in place. ( it's a bitch - trust me )

F8C3EA43-1388-40CB-89D2-C563AD80F643_zpspadudoax.jpg

STAR TREK 5 Lid
(One piece like original movie prop)

$30.00 each - RAW

97D2C676-0968-4E20-A422-ABC4CEBF90CB_zpslnppvogg.jpg

STAR TREK 5 Lid

$35.00 each - Bent and cleaned up

D727FE44-438C-4178-A6BD-6B58D838A501_zpskahwdkts.jpg

BRASS MIDPLATE "A"

Made expressly to fit the Stapleton Movie Communicator kits.

$20.00 each - Sanded and burnished edge

398E215A-0611-467D-A3D9-C6612B65EA28_zpsslbycd8m.jpg

BRASS MIDPLATE "B"
Made to fit all other existing kits based off of the Coyle convention specials.

$20.00 - each with sanded and burnished

CE51FFB6-F24B-4C81-8F4D-D490EBBF4205_zpssplxphgc.jpg

F8C3EA43-1388-40CB-89D2-C563AD80F643_zpspadudoax.jpg

97D2C676-0968-4E20-A422-ABC4CEBF90CB_zpslnppvogg.jpg

D727FE44-438C-4178-A6BD-6B58D838A501_zpskahwdkts.jpg

398E215A-0611-467D-A3D9-C6612B65EA28_zpsslbycd8m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news!!

1 Star Trek 3 lid, soldered and ready to install
1 Star Trek 5 lid, finished and ready to install

Add me to the list for one of the bent, cleaned, soldered ST 3 lids and 2 of the finished 'A' brass midplates. :thumbsup

This is fantastic news!

Please put me down for the following:
2 x Brass midplate A
1 x Star Trek 3 lid, soldered and ready to install
1 x Star Trek 5 lid, finished and ready to install

So, just to make sure I'm reading your post correctly, I'll be wanting to order Stapleton kits for the 3 and 5 comms. I'm presuming this is what I'll need to finish them with grills?

Thanks so much!

I'm doing a couple of customs with AA/DST shells. Would either midplate version fit them? I don't mean the screw holes or the center cutout, I know I'd have to modify those, but are they wide enough?

Tread well: I have no idea if they will fit your custom. Send me the width of your existing she'll and I'll check. If not then the "B" mid plate may be the way to go.

Norbauer: if you don't have a body kit, he can help you out for sure.

B

Last edited:
Happy, Happy, Happy
I'll take 1 STIII Lid bent, cleaned and soldered with brass spacer soldered in place...
1 Brass Midplate "A" sanded and grained edge
I would also be interested in one for the AA/DST Comm in brass if it comes out...
Thanks

When you say the AA/DST are you referring to the TOS comm or did they actually make a STIII comm?

I wasn't clear from the way you broke it out whether the Stapleton midplates are available with the sanded and grained edge, but if so please update my order to reflect that preference. :)

I wasn't clear from the way you broke it out whether the Stapleton midplates are available with the sanded and grained edge, but if so please update my order to reflect that preference. :)

Please update mine as well. I'm not good with this stuff so I would need everything finished/ready to use. :thumbsup

Howdy!
ST:III Qty 2 bent, cleaned and soldered with brass spacer soldered in place
ST:V Qty 2 bent and cleaned up

Mid-plates Type A (Stapleton) Qty 4 sanded and grained edge

Mid-plates Type B (Coyle+) Qty 1 sanded and grained edge

Taken care of!

I will start taking payments this week. Thanks to those who have spoken up so far.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back