Limited Run Shawshank Redemption - His Judgement Cometh cross stitch project

ssdesigner

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok, I've finally got all the tools and materials to begin making these. For more information and details on the process involved with making this happen see this thread in the prop forum:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/shawshank-redemption-his-judgement-cometh-cross-stitch-prop-217413/

The creation of the pattern was done using detailed photos of the screen used prop. I've gone inch by inch to match each and every stitch to ensure that this piece is as close to the original prop as you'll find. The original was auctioned off online, so I was also able to determine the size, colors and cross stitch fabric.

Here is an overall picture of my pattern next to the screen used piece:

cross-stitch-pattern(web-only3).jpg

Here is a close-up showing the detail:

View attachment 348271

Just to clarify: This is for the cross stitch fabric and design, so you will need to frame the piece. I'm working on having frames made at some point, but that will be down the line.

I'm still working out the updated price on these. I'm told that if I have 4-5 made they will be a bit cheaper. Please do not sign up if you do not plan to follow through with payment once we have enough committed members.

Post any questions that you might have here as well.

"His Judgement Cometh" cross stitch sign-up:
------------------------------------------------

1) luke moonwalker (PAID - shipped)
2) center68 (PAID - shipped)
3) southernbell (dropped out - no response to emails)
4) EmmaInCandyland (in on this run)
5)
6)

-Ss

Last edited:
What is the overall size of the piece? The one my mom made me was too small :(

Everything looks spot on though. Can't wait to see this done!

Gregg

Interested pending pics. Will this also have the extra material around the edge? Looks like the auction listing had it at 31"' but assuming he difference is material and frame on either side?

"A framed hand-crafted 31 x 19 in. sampler that reads His Judgment cometh and that Right Soon"

Last edited:
Interested pending pics. Will this also have the extra material around the edge? Looks like the auction listing had it at 31"' but assuming he difference is material and frame on either side?

"A framed hand-crafted 31 x 19 in. sampler that reads His Judgment cometh and that Right Soon"

Yes, there will be plenty of extra material left on all sides so that the piece can be wrapped around a solid substrate. I plan to wrap mine around a thin piece of particle board and staple it on the back side.

-Ss

Update:

I have someone that may be able to do these faster and cheaper then I could do them. I'm changing this thread to the same sign-up format as my rock hammer project. I don't have a price yet, but if I can get (5) people to commit to this these will be cheaper than I originally thought.

More info to come...

-Ss

I'd love to take the 4th piece. It's a birthday gift so I definitely want one; the pricing would be great to know in advance. I'll need it by 9/26 if possible. Thanks!

I'd love to take the 4th piece. It's a birthday gift so I definitely want one; the pricing would be great to know in advance. I'll need it by 9/26 if possible. Thanks!

Sounds good, southernbell. I'll add you to the #4 spot. I will certainly do everything I can to get it done for you by 9/26.

-Ss

Progress update: 8-31-14

My stitcher is taking a photo of the first completed stitch today, and I will post it soon.

The final time to complete each one of these, working on it 2 - 4 hours a day, is 3 weeks. The person I have doing these has been stitching for over 16 years, so the original price for these is what I will be asking.

-Ss

Ok, so I have payment from luke moonwalker on the first one of these, so the next in line is center68.

The next piece will be ready for shipping in about 4 weeks.

PM is coming your way, center68

1) luke moonwalker (payment coming)
2) center68 (pending final price)
3) southernbell (pending final price)
4) EmmaInCandyland (pending final price)

-Ss

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back