Limited Run Bossk blaster rifle kit - based on real Schermuly

OdiWan72

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ladies and gentlemen

Production has started!
I am now offering a Bossk blaster rifle kit, molded from my real Schermuly (the only one in the hands of a SW collector I know of, besides of the refurbished real screenused prop)...

Kit consist of:

- Buttstock
- Receiver plus screws for the swivel connection
- Barrel section (HOLLOW with PVC tube cast in for added strength)
- Front grip plus screw
- Barrel catch and rear sight
- 2x M38 scopes

Some sections such as the front grip, receiver trigger guard etc. have a wire molded in for added strength. All kits come with basic cleanup as well as drilling tapping the holes for the included screws. The only areas of the kit, that would require special attention are the underside of the barrel section (was having a few issues with mold alignement) and the pour spot of the front grip.

You´ll need the -still UNidentified- barrel tip, plus some hardware such as screws/ pins.

Price is $350 SHIPPED within the EU/ $360 SHIPPED intl.

As I already stated:
I choose who I sell these kits to!
Don´t want to see them as recasts at some point! So please contact me up front. Thanks for understanding...

IMG_8614.JPG
IMG_4151.JPG

Markus

Last edited:
I'm supporting you in spirit... because prop funds are zilch. :cry

If things turn around and timing is right, I'll be contacting you.

Last edited:
I'm in a similar boat as Mara Jade's Father. Right now, funds are too tight.

That said, if you plan on offering these regularly, I'll probably be able to afford one later.

You mentioned that you don't have the tip... It's the timing gear from the Revell visible V8 model kit along with a piece of tubing.

The revell V8 piece is not used on the Bossk rifle ;)

Started to cast the kits, currently I am trying to get a feel for the molds...looking good so far, even if I might have a few second quality casts available very soon ;)
Stay tuned

Markus

What makes you say this?

The fact that none of the few available reference pictures proove the existense of the V8 model kit part.
Feel free to proove me wrong, I´d be HAPPY to finally know what the prop dept used as an insert in the barrel :cool

Markus

Last edited:
After a LOOOOOOOONG wait I finally started producing the kits :cool
Spent about 600 EURO (!) for moldmaking!
The kits itself take about 1,5-2 liters of resin and need 3+ hours each (!) for mold preparation, casting, demolding, mold cleanup and basic cleanup of the casts.

Attached is something to feast your eyes on. Not shown in these pictures are the two M38 scopes which are also part of this kit.
It comes with basic cleanup/ removal of the pour spot and basic cleanup of seamlines. Holes in the front grip are drilled and tapped for M6 screw, so are the ones to attach the receiver to the barrel section. Correctly sized screws are included.

IMPORTANT:
I WILL CHOOSE who I sell these kits to, as I don´t want to see these on the secondary market as recasts within a few months.
Will base my decision on duration of membership/ reputation etc.

On to the pics of a RAW kit with only the flashing removed (M38´s not shown, nor the included screws):

Since some of you might be wondering about the work involved to build up these kits....here are some more informations:

As I already wrote, all kits come with basic cleanup done!
This includes removal of the flashing, removal of most material from the pour spots, rough sanding of the mold-seams, drilling (and eventually tapping, where needed) the holes for the screws in the a) front grip and b) the joint between the barrel and receiver.
Anyway, it´s a resin KIT ;)...

The receiver requires minimal cleanup.
The Schermuly itself has pronounced seamlines (it´s got a cast frame!) and rough surface and I tried to orientate myself on the already existing seams as much as possible.
The buttstock requires some seamwork, most of the times sanding should do the trick, sometimes a tad spot-putty is needed.
The barrel is HOLLOW and has a PVC tube cast in for added stability, Upper seamline is minimial and easily adressable with some sanding. Lower seamline could require some spot-putty sometimes.
Front grip is pretty much ready to install...do some fineshaping to the pourspot, drill hole for the swivel-ring, paint, attach.

Markus

Last edited:
How heavy are these bad boys? I have the correct BOSSK arm extenders which means I cant actually grab anything with them. Lol So it's going to have to be a balancing act.

The fact that none of the few available reference pictures proove the existense of the V8 model kit part.
Fell free to proove me wrong, I´d be HAPPY to finally know what the prop dept used as an insert in the barrel :cool

Markus

I'll look through what reference I have...but Bossk is such a pain to get good shots of it may have just been a guess. :/

Weight is 1,5-2kg... Slightly varies, depending on how I cut the styrofoam insert for the shoulder stock

Barrel is hollow all the way through the receiver.

Markus

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back