WIP Dredd Boot Build /more pics

Ray48

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Some additional pics of my boots and start of a helmet:

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 166
Just like to say your toe caps and shin guards are very good , hope you offer them here , been waiting ages for the ones advertised in the Junkyard !

Sorry to disappoint, They have been permanently attached to my boots, without molds made. I didn't feel that I could insure a correct fit at the toe and heel and they probably would have needed to be cast in a flexible urethane because they would likely take punishment on the feet. Not suitable for resin. If you check a previous thread, I gave a tutorial on making your own....not too hard. I'm also not confident that they are screen accurate and hate to offer a misleading product, plus, I am up to my eyebrows in building the rest of my costume....I sort of started with the boots because, without those, I would feel I fell short on a complete build. Good luck, I'm sure most people will find that they can modify their boots themselves. My mods took a couple weeks and I did have to remove one set of straps as my boots had one too many. That left the other straps a little too close together and off at the shin guard attachment points. Still, I think the right feel is there. Glad you like them.:D

PS. For those that found this portion of my boot mod thread.....sorry, I'm not too skilled at these posts....the other thread shows the mods attached to my boots...couldn't figure out how to integrate or combine them. I'm kind of dumb that way.:facepalm

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back