Lawgiver "base model that fires" for £20? Here you go :)

BR3TT

Thought i'd share this with you guys.About to order one of these bad boys! Found it after searching for a while on eBay. Pretty damn close to the lawgiver eh? Here's a pic and the link..

image.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lanard-Shell-Shock-X-6-Softdart-Blaster/dp/B006TQX46Q/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you guys as you have given me a lot of ideas and tips :D.
will post progress on it when it arrives and I do some work on it :)

Last edited:
That really is close isn't it. Colour me interested in your progress, I would love a crack at a lawgiver once I've finished my current nerf mods (PR, custom Halo sniper rifle and D9 inspired assult rifle).

Are you even allowed to have something that looks gun"ish" in UK?

Its fine to buy and own a decommissioned firearm here I the UK, you can even walk with it down the street in some places, but woe betied those with solid resin replicas as its illigal to replicate a known firearm. Stupid, but true.

After a lot of research, and talks with the local bobby, if it looks real and you have one, dont take it out the house. If its obviously part of a display and not meant to be touched theres generally no problem.

Futuristic/steampunk and stylised guns are fine, though most police would like to see a bright orange tip for instant recognition, though I've heard one cosplayer had to paint the whole thing orange for one con he went to, depending which county your in the rules change a bit.

As far as I know, if you keep in your own home your good.
Anyway here's someone else's shellshock that they painted, looks awesome with a lick of paint!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, that's pretty cool. $37 with shipping from Amazon US. Can't justify that after already buying and working on my stryfe... Wait - just found one cheaper on Ebay. Thanks for the tip!

I'm looking to do this type of weathering on my lawgiver, I just painted it black and varnished it yesterday and doing some researchs before weathering it, can you give some tips ? I know dry brushing on small model kits parts but my only attempt on a piece of this size (clonetrooper blaster) was a mess.

That toy do the job very well BTW, nice catch :)

I'm looking to do this type of weathering on my lawgiver, I just painted it black and varnished it yesterday and doing some researchs before weathering it, can you give some tips ? I know dry brushing on small model kits parts but my only attempt on a piece of this size (clonetrooper blaster) was a mess.

That toy do the job very well BTW, nice catch :)
Don't want to hijack this thread but, less is more when you weather a gun. Unless you are replicating an antique firearm, go light with the scratches. Most people in my country (USA) treat their expensive guns with respect and care. When any sign of use is seen it is usually wearing of the finish in key locations. Cocking the slide, trigger edges, barrel scuffing where the holster rubs. Even Dredd's gun is only lightly weathered. If you hadn't already painted it I would advise an under coat of silver. Then a top coat of matte black or satin black. for a couple small scratches use a nail to scrape off some black, revealing the silver beneath. Same for chips along the front barrel edge. For scuffing to simulate worn off finish, use a product called "rub 'n buff" or any similar petroleum/wax based antiquing rub. Don't over do it! It starts to look fake if you get carried away. I steer clear of dry brushing unless you want the gun to look trashed. Oh, by the way, common mistake is to silver or dry brush the gun grips. Those are usually wood, composit, plastic, ivory or mother of pearl.....not metal.

Last edited:
Nice find, thanks for sharing
I was looking on ebay for a robocop one, and found some but they dont ship to PR :(
Anyways looking forward to see how you mod it to be a lawgiver :)

Don't want to hijack this thread but (...)

Well I like the dry brush effect for marking the edges, I won't go until scratches, I know in reality it's pretty rare a gun start looking like that but it's an efficient trick to gives the impression it's more than just painted resin or wood, and people are used to this look in games and movies...

That's a nice find, something for a future build I think.

Having finished my Stryfe, I deliberately slightly overdid the dry brushing, gives a nice contrast to the flat black.

DSC03369.JPG

Thanks for sharing.

Great to see I've inspired you guys with this find!
I've ordered some 2mm thick EVA foam to get the top of the barrel more screen accurate, then ill add some resin and use milliput for the fine details!
I plan on using my grey primer, then spraying it semi gloss black, then dry brushing the edges (only slightly) for the weathering.
The shells ill obviously paint, and I still want it to be functional (if you YouTube the pistol, every time you cock it after firing a shell ejects), which will be cool.
Pondering on adding an EL sheet for the screen as they're quite cheap but I might lose the functionality of it!

Anyways, glad too help and I hope all your mods on this gun go well and would love to see pics!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back