The Definitive Dredd 2012 Boot Research Thread

Great idea.....but it may be more daunting than expected since I've been checking this regularly and haven't seen much progress......most people will either lose interest or complete their build before there is any info at all....only your thread on the helmet seems to contain any pics although it is lacking in other relevant info, like dimensions..sigh...sorry progress is so painfully slow. The photo gallery that art has assembled on Dredd might be dissected and resurrected in the appropriate section. Thoughts?:sleep

We are still in the process of collecting info. There will be more to come. Most people who have screen used stuff are in the process of working on their costume. Once people get ahead of the curve I am sure more info will surface

Hello fellow members, I'm new here and I have to say that my quest to build my Judge Lex costume seems daunting to say the least. As for the boots my thinking is trending towards modifying some type of heavy duty biker boots as a foundation and perhaps gluing some precut pieces of leather to get the desired futuristic look. I'm open to sharing any ideas.

I've been looking at some Icon 1000 Elsinores. They are sort of close, and I think I can modify them to be closer. Search them on google and see what you think.

Popular rumor is that these were the base, and that they were not ground up custom as is oft spoken.
The model is the Alpinstar "trial" boot, and yeah, rare as hens teeth. The last set to go out on ebay was dang near a grand.
Just in case anybody wants to add another holy grail to their wish list.

$_12-3.JPG

$_12-2.JPG

$_12-1.JPG

$_12.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back