ABC head build

ApocalypseB

From the first time I saw the original movie I wanted a ABC, now thanks to BLAXMYTH and his Blender model ( I did tweak it a bit, but take NO credit for you're work :) ) a quick pep job and this is where we are now. Silly comments about the pink cutting board will be met with snooty remarks, it's my wife's......no serious, she's busy with a life size Jack Skellington

122375c00834c19e61ec4081b1bc117f.jpg

From the first time I saw the original movie I wanted a ABC, now thanks to BLAXMYTH and his Blender model ( I did tweak it a bit, but take NO credit for you're work :) ) a quick pep job and this is where we are now. Silly comments about the pink cutting board will be met with snooty remarks, it's my wife's......no serious, she's busy with a life size Jack Skellington

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/hugo99/Dredd/122375c00834c19e61ec4081b1bc117f.jpg

salut, partagerai tu le fichier .PDO ? J'aimerai beaucoup faire la tête en papercraft pour aller avec mon costume de judge dredd que je mettrais lors du comic con de Paris en juillet 2013.
my link : http://www.therpf.com/f71/my-dredd-costume-france-184566/#post2889757

thanks

salut, partagerai tu le fichier .PDO ? J'aimerai beaucoup faire la tête en papercraft pour aller avec mon costume de judge dredd que je mettrais lors du comic con de Paris en juillet 2013.
my link : http://www.therpf.com/f71/my-dredd-costume-france-184566/#post2889757

thanks

Sorry i used a french !!!
In american is : hi, you share the file. PDO? I'd love to head papercraft to go with my costume that I would judge dredd at the comic con in Paris in July 2013.

Brilliant! So looking forward to seeing this build progressing!

Just for interest, what were the tweaks you made to the pep? I'm only asking so's I can get better at pepping stuff.

I don't mind anyone remodelling or altering any of the files I put up on the web, so feel free to share the altered files with anyone.

All the very best! :thumbsup

Phil

Zorg took some measurements from the head at the Prop Store if I remember correctly.

I used some of the measurements to make the nose and jaw slightly narrower, and brought the cheeks in just smidgen, the rest measured out good, the better you get it in paper, the less time you'll spend fixing it :) Once again, Thanks Phil

Last edited:
Filled the shell with A B foam...... Tip to self....... Epoxy the paper BEFORE you fill it with foam.

A13DDE1F-54B9-46D2-94BF-720D6F81EC92-18002-000001FB97CBA927.jpg

At least it gave me a new skill to try, Clay !!! :lol

94183D23-3473-4009-98AF-B3576042092B-18002-000001FBAC4C1D26.jpg

The shape bulged out quite a bit, but with the rigid foam inside I can just trim if with a long saw blade, the clay makes it sooper easy to tweak the shape and the color makes it look authentic

Looking extremely mean with those shadow-filled eye sockets. What sort of clay are you using?

Modeling clay, or at least thats what it says on the tin :) . I'll speak to the manufacturers today on exactally what clay it is, I suspect its a epoxy clay. On looking at the refrence photo's, my mouth is slanted the wrong way and the forehead is too wide, the nose is too wide too, but I'll just pour a small piece of foam and hack off the old one and stick on a new one :)

I'll upload them as soon as I get to my office next week. Got some time to work on it some more, now for the disappointing part, the clay is oil based and can not be fired/set :( sooooo, what do you guys suggest ? Can I just epoxy resin over it a couple of layers? Make a mold and cast ( I would try and avoid that )

ebbd186c8e0d7dbbafb0ab0d0dda3fc4.jpg

I must say, I'm pretty stoked about the progress seeing as the last time I forked with it was 30 years ago and I ate most of it :)

Umm - not sure about resin over modelling clay (Plasticene?). Might have to go with a plaster mould? This beautiful sculpt certainly deserves being moulded so you can make lots of copies! :D

Sorry i used a french !!!
In american is : hi, you share the file. PDO? I'd love to head papercraft to go with my costume that I would judge dredd at the comic con in Paris in July 2013.

-------sorry in English: hello, do you have the files PDO.? I want to make head papercraft for use with my cosplay judge dredd.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back